SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a loaner XC60 from the local and stellar Volvo Tempe dealership and it was a very nice car. However, one of my coworkers ardently called it a minivan, despite even taking him for a ride in it. Anyone else have this problem? I was pretty upset since I genuinely did like the XC60. I'd label it more of a small SUV or a crossover than a minivan. Thoughts?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Its definitely a crossover... which is just a mini-van without the convenience of sliding doors... :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
My own definition for mini-van is a car at least has 7-seats. ;)
That is exactly what I had before... :)

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
I had a loaner XC60 from the local and stellar Volvo Tempe dealership and it was a very nice car. However, one of my coworkers ardently called it a minivan, despite even taking him for a ride in it. Anyone else have this problem? I was pretty upset since I genuinely did like the XC60. I'd label it more of a small SUV or a crossover than a minivan. Thoughts?
Your co-worker needs to re-examine his vehicular definitions...;)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Um....no.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha it's good to know some people share my same sentiments! I was wondering if I was perhaps being a bit too purist by not calling it a minivan. :p I must say, the color screen (it was a 2012) really impressed; great resolution. Was quite a fun handling vehicle as well.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Haha it's good to know some people share my same sentiments! I was wondering if I was perhaps being a bit too purist by not calling it a minivan. :p I must say, the color screen (it was a 2012) really impressed; great resolution. Was quite a fun handling vehicle as well.
I wish it were a minivan; we would be selling 5x as many! :cool:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I had someone call my S40 an Audi once. My steel pipe convinced him otherwise :D

·
Registered
365 Posts
I think the funny part of your post is that it "upset" you to the point where you felt the need to ask us owners. I actually feel sorry that you have stupid friends who know nothing about cars, and that your pal's naiveté bothered you. I'd have laughed at my friend and told him he's a dumbass.

Interestingly, it's never been called a convertible, a coupe or a sedan either.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Oddly enough, I drove our minivan and my wife's XC60 back to back today (something I've probably never done) and, well, let's just say the two vehicles have little in common except perhaps their seating position.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm kinda thinking of selling our XC60 and getting a minivan. We are quickly outgrowing the XC60 and you can't beat the space and features modern minivans have. I don't get how one would mistake the two vehicles though.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm kinda thinking of selling our XC60 and getting a minivan. We are quickly outgrowing the XC60 and you can't beat the space and features modern minivans have. I don't get how one would mistake the two vehicles though.
When my kids were little, we had a tricked out Toyota Sienna XLE. Put 130,000 miles on it - never needed a thing. Was phenomenal for 3 small kids. When you're at the age where you need such a ride, they're damn handy, even if far from cool.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
When my kids were little, we had a tricked out Toyota Sienna XLE. Put 130,000 miles on it - never needed a thing. Was phenomenal for 3 small kids. When you're at the age where you need such a ride, they're damn handy, even if far from cool.
There's a '12? Sienna in our neighborhood, white, with some sort of mild 'ground effects' package...very subtle, but it looks darned cool for a mommie...er, minivan. Can't beat 'em for room and convenience if you've got people and stuff!

·
Registered
365 Posts
There's a '12? Sienna in our neighborhood, white, with some sort of mild 'ground effects' package...very subtle, but it looks darned cool for a mommie...er, minivan. Can't beat 'em for room and convenience if you've got people and stuff!
Our 2007 Sienna XLE was Pearl White (special order), with rear-gate spoiler, 5 star OE wheels, OE ground effects,leather seats, captains chairs, a killer stereo, DVD player w/wireless headphones. It was FAR from cool, but damn, it was an easy way to travel for sure, and could haul a ton of mulch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts