SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after sitting in both models I knew I wanted the Inscription with those Nappa leather seats. I absolutely love them and I feel they are the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. I am a little worried about how they will hold up though. Is it because the leather is really soft or what? I already see some creases on the side bolsters and It seems that color from clothes easily transfers to the leather, granted my interior is the Amber color which makes all of this worse. I have had leather in my last 10 cars so I am not new to leather care but it does seem as if these are really really soft and will break down a lot quicker compared to your traditional leather found in most cars.

Anyone have similar thoughts or concerns?

·
Registered
130 Posts
We already had to rub out jean stains on our blond driver's side seat after 1 week.

·
Registered
673 Posts
It's one of the reasons I went with the Momentum. I was worried about the napa leather holding up, especially with kids.

·
Registered
295 Posts
It's definitely sensitive, and if I could recommend one addition to the car it would be leather coating protection. On more than one occasion it has saved me from permanent stains.

·
Registered
372 Posts
We have the momentum with blond leather. And it definitely holds up. No creases or color transfer from clothes. Like some this is our family hauler with kids. Although nappa is nice i just don't feel it is practical if the XC90 is for everyday family use.

·
Registered
60 Posts
We have the momentum with blond leather. And it definitely holds up. No creases or color transfer from clothes. Like some this is our family hauler with kids. Although nappa is nice i just don't feel it is practical if the XC90 is for everyday family use.
+1

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
denim transfer on light interiors is not uncommon. that is to be expected.
especially from jeans that are not washed

wash the jeans a few times and the dye transfer with stop

it's not the leather's fault that the jeans are transferring dye

More people buy jeans that they wash less, today, since many styles of jeans look better when they haven't been washed. But.....they are gonna transfer dye until they've been washed a few times.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
especially from jeans that are not washed

wash the jeans a few times and the dye transfer with stop

it's not the leather's fault that the jeans are transferring dye

More people buy jeans that they wash less, today, since many styles of jeans look better when they haven't been washed. But.....they are gonna transfer dye until they've been washed a few times.
I agree with you, however we came from a car with same color of leather but is wasn't nappa leather. And I don't ever remember seeing so much transfer from jeans. I have washed all of my jeans a couple of times and have been wearing the same ones with the XC and our old car. It just seems the leather is really really soft and it will take more care/maintenance then your standard leather seats. With that said I do not regret my decision for one second because these seats are sooooooo nice and comfortable, it was just a quick observation.

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
I agree with you, however we came from a car with same color of leather but is wasn't nappa leather. And I don't ever remember seeing so much transfer from jeans. I have washed all of my jeans a couple of times and have been wearing the same ones with the XC and our old car. It just seems the leather is really really soft and it will take more care/maintenance then your standard leather seats. With that said I do not regret my decision for one second because these seats are sooooooo nice and comfortable, it was just a quick observation.
re the jeans, I do think it takes more than a couple of washes, though

·
Registered
56 Posts
With that said I do not regret my decision for one second because these seats are sooooooo nice and comfortable, it was just a quick observation.
I never considered how the nappa seats were going to hold up. I fell in love with them on the test drive and was sold. They are so amazingly comfortable. Can't stress that enough. Extremely comfortable. Also has such a luxury feel to it. I have no regrets what so ever either.

·
Registered
295 Posts
what could we treat the seats with, to protect them?
is it problematic to treat the seats if they have the cooling holes?
I had my detailer use CQuartz leather protection. Ventilations aren't an issue, you just gotta be more careful with the application as you don't want to tear them. It's best to have a professional do it if you're uncomfortable. There's a lot of leather in the car.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My amber nappa seats already showed signs of transfer after a few days of ownership on the passenger side. Quick trip to the car parts store to purchase Lenox leather cleaner and conditioner took it right off. Family of two 12lb dogs in booster seats in the second row, zero kids composition here.

Now anyone else already have a mark on their leather key fob like I do?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Ha you should see my key fob! Not clean. I think some people opticoated theirs but I was happy to leave mine untreated in part to see how the leather would wear. Also cause sorry guys but coating your key fob is crazy. But mines wearing well, all sorts of little marks but the leather is holding up and it's actually not nearly as dirty as I thought it might be by now , 10k miles.

I did use cquartz leather on my seats and am glad I did but I believe the leather is already sealed to some degree. And finally I just want to echo the sentiment that if your seats are dirty it's not their fault. Even if your other seats were the same color and never got dirty. I understand worrying about the durability of the leather but denim transfer and anything else dirt-related is just going to happen on any lighter colored seat. And you can clean it up!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I never considered how the nappa seats were going to hold up. I fell in love with them on the test drive and was sold. They are so amazingly comfortable. Can't stress that enough. Extremely comfortable. Also has such a luxury feel to it. I have no regrets what so ever either.
I love the seats. I have a FE so no blonde and no problems at all, nor do I expect any. And jeans, just put a towel on the seat until they're ready for the big time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts