SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured it would happen sooner or later. Was hoping for later :)
Just wondering if only me.

Aside from that, love the hitch. I tow a 2000 lb travel trailer.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Stealth hitch

Figured it would happen sooner or later. Was hoping for later :)
Just wondering if only me.

Aside from that, love the hitch. I tow a 2000 lb travel trailer.
Cant help but I have the Stealth hitch and love it. Maybe call the guys in Atlanta, GA and get a new one.

good luck

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am shipping the car to France and would love a stealth hitch. Pics with and without would be fantastic. Love my ride but want a “ non existent “ hitch for my bike rack. I use my 1ton van currently and obviously I’m not dragging that along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am shipping the car to France and would love a stealth hitch. Pics with and without would be fantastic. Love my ride but want a “ non existent “ hitch for my bike rack. I use my 1ton van currently and obviously I’m not dragging that along.
This would be the receiver for a bike rack: https://tinyurl.com/yxwukjh3

There are other pics in the album as well. Have over a year and many miles (kilometres) on my hitch towing 2000 lbs of trailer. Love the fact that when I return from a road trip my XC60 is back to being an original.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Received my replacement plug today. Thank You StealthHitch. Going to devise a safety chain scheme to avoid a repeat loss.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Having the same problem with mine. Purchased my Stealth Hitch during the Black Friday sale last year and finally got around to installing it last month.

We've recently had a few cooler nights here in Southern California and I've walked out to seeing the plug sitting on the ground under my car in the morning so my guess is that this happens when there is a wide temperature swing.

Like what you did with yours but if it's going to happen as often as it has for me this past week I will try to find a way to keep it up there as I don't want to have to push it back up every other day.

IMG_5485.jpg

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So far mine has not dropped off since loosing it. If I do find it dangling I’ll devise something using the chain loops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 15 of 15 Posts