SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone photoshop tinted windows and tinted taillights on a sonic blue R please?
I am pretty sure the tint would look good on the windows, just unsure how it would look with the tails.
I'm pretty sure Quick Brick has a rear quarter shot of his car on here.

The tails kinda look good bright on the bright sonic blue. I am sure they would look too bright on a darker color. But, I just wanted to see if dark tails/windows would look as good on sonic as I have found the graphite pegs do.

Thanks!
Eric

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Re: Anybody with photoshop please- Quick Brick perhaps? (Eric_H)

why not just go to the EVOLVE site and look at the blue car...minus the body kit...and HREs....it's got dark tails on a similar blue color.

personally, i think the tinted tails look GREAT on most R's. I've seen it on ti gray (my car), silver, and blue. it would look great on your car IMHO

·
Registered
445 Posts
Re: Anybody with photoshop please- Quick Brick perhaps? (23109VC)

I personally am not a huge fan of TINTED tails (I like the brake lights to be as bright as possible ! ) but 23109VC is right, just check out EVOLVE's website and look at their blue car.

If you do it just be sure people can still see your brake-lights. I've seen plenty of ricer's around here that tinted their tails and you can BARELY see the brake lights turn on unless its night time. Not the safest modification if you do it like that

Wish they made an LED conversion for the S60 tails...that'd be a nice little upgrade

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts

Out of curiosity for the lawyers on the board:

If someone with tinted tail lights (which are illegal in most states) gets rear-ended, could it succesfully be argued in court that the person with the tinted tails is at fault? Assume your typical stopped at a stop sign and someone rams into the back-end scenario.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Re: Anybody with photoshop please- Quick Brick perhaps? (R Salesman)

If I rear ended someone with tinted rear brake lights, I would make sure the officer on scene noted the modification.

I can see it now, "I ran into the Volvo head on because his headlights were facing straight down!"

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
The law states that the tails have to be seen from 300 feet in my state. As long as you don't go crazy, this should not be a problem. It is illegal to tint them but not to smoke them. The result is the same but the methods are different. Tint would use a film and smoke would use a light coat of paint and clear-coat.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

Well, I gave it my best shot with my limited skills. This is really subjective ... and what I mean by that is by playing with different darknesses of tint, you can really go from - love it - to - hate it - within a very small window (pun intended
). You almost have to play with it yourself (***insert joke here***) and do your own adjustments .... like I wouldn't go limo tint on the windows because that is just not my style ... maybe you ewant to tint the clear portion of the tails as well ... or the clear portion only
???

Anyway, here is my SWAG:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys!
Yes, I would definitely go with the light smoke for the tails and a 35% for the windows.
On the darker vehicles, smoked tails are a must (aesthetics-wise). R-Rated, that looks hot!
I just wasn't sure how good it would look on a bright color.
I completely forgot about Evolve's site.

I am most likely going to get the windows tinted. More for cooling of the interior than appearance (imagine that!).

And, I was thinking the smoked tails would be a perfect complement to that.
My only issure is the down time of not being able to drive my car for almost a week's time. Maybe I will try to arrange this once vacation time comes around.
Thanks Quick for the photoshop. That really helps me give it a look on an exact replica of my (our) car.

As a sidenote, my LS came stock with smoked tails. If you ever see a black MY03+ LS, look at the tails. They look excellent!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has anyone ever seen tinted taillight covers on an S60?
It would eliminate me having the 5-day down time from having mine smoked.
Plus, if the police were to complain...they come right off!

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
you can cut your downtime in half depending on who you send them to. Fedex by 7 pm(garanteed by 10 am) and they smoke them and overnight them back to you. You could heve them back by 10 am the next day(after they are smoked).

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
has anyone ever tried that do it yourself spray stuff...i've seen the cans on the internet...looks like you could do it yourself...but i'd be afraid it might come out all tacky looking..

mine were done at a body shop. not sure how long it took

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Re: (23109VC)

Quote, originally posted by 23109VC »
has anyone ever tried that do it yourself spray stuff...i've seen the cans on the internet...looks like you could do it yourself...but i'd be afraid it might come out all tacky looking..

mine were done at a body shop. not sure how long it took

I posted these up here before ... I didn't even use the "real" spray stuff ... I used what I posted in my DIY. Even in a super close up, I don't believe they came out "tacky looking" at all

... had to do my CHMSL too ...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts