SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been reading inconclusive posts the past hour trying to determine if our rain sensor putzes the Valentine's laser warning and not finding anything too concrete. Before I take the time to wire everything, can anybody with a rain sensor and Valentine chime in?

05 s40 if it matters and thinking right above mirror.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stock Nav? and when you say night time, time of day or driving mode I'm not familiar w/....? I haven't had my car for quite a while, always fun to step back in her after being in the gf's civic, WORLDS of difference; but I haven't gotten to try the Valentine in the Volvo. I'm not sure if brakelights @ night gave false lasers, or if there was an officer somewhere, but I definitely know where ALL the automatic doors are. Where do you have it positioned? And do you have the rain sensor?

·
Registered
484 Posts
My S40 has a rain sensor and i have been using Valentine for 4 years now. Never had any problems or false alarms due to the sensor. Mine is hard wired right underneath the rear-view mirror

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you VERY MUCH; I have to pull my headliner to redo and a couple different electronics are going to be wired through the top while it's off. Did you run down to the fuse box for power or use the wire tap when installing yours?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Thank you VERY MUCH; I have to pull my headliner to redo and a couple different electronics are going to be wired through the top while it's off. Did you run down to the fuse box for power or use the wire tap when installing yours?
I wired mine directly to fuse box, i tried tapping into the wires in overhead controls for sunroof and it didnt seem to work so i gave up and went directly to fuse box

1 - 7 of 7 Posts