SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

does anybody know how to remove the headlight wiper and install the plug cover sold by VIVA?

Do I have to do some hard work?
I bought them for my SR(MY 07) and am so worried about how to do this.:rolleyes::confused:

Any advice or lessons will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
1. remove headlight wipers(hinge the cover off of the nut, remove nut, firmly pull wiper off of motor arm)
2. remove bumper (use search, lots of threads on how to do this)
3. remove wiper motors
4. cork the headlight wiper tubing with something so you don't spray washer fluid everywhere for no reason
5. get factory matched paint to paint the plugs, then paint the plugs (www.paintscratch.com is a good source)
6. shove the plugs into the holes

someone that knows what they are doing more than I do might have something to add

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
1. remove headlight wipers(hinge the cover off of the nut, remove nut, firmly pull wiper off of motor arm)
3. remove wiper motors
4. cork the headlight wiper tubing with something so you don't spray washer fluid everywhere for no reason
5. get factory matched paint to paint the plugs, then paint the plugs (www.paintscratch.com is a good source)

someone that knows what they are doing more than I do might have something to add
As you 'shove' it into the holes, use some sealer/adhesive... plastic epoxy will work fine. If you really want a clean look and dont mind a 200$ bill or so is after you epoxy the plugs on, get it sanded, filled, and resprayed for a OEM look.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I used 3M double-sided tape to keep them in the holes. It doesn't take much to keep them in there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3. remove wiper motors

Anyway, I have to remove the bumper:facepalm:
It sounds awful to me man :facepalm::facepalm:

·
Registered
195 Posts
When do you really need those headlight wipers?
I didnt had it a my last car witch I had for over 5 years, and I cant say I had any needs for it either.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Anyway, I have to remove the bumper:facepalm:
It sounds awful to me man :facepalm::facepalm:
Awful? Might be the worst 10 minutes of the day if that is what you call awful... haha

·
Registered
428 Posts
Where are you getting your plugs? Viva has been out for a few months and CFW is the only other place I know of?
The P1 plugs had a hole in them that the wiper shaft went into. Didn't have to take the bumper off for that job. Used double sided tape , looks OK.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Instead of painting them you could always wrap them in CF.

·
Registered
491 Posts
^^ Better yet just cover the holes with CF Di-NOC, cost $8.00. No need to waste $80 on plugs. It's been like this all spring with no issues. I still removed the bumper and pulled out the wiper motors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts