SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to replace the 3 season tires (OEM Pirelli Scorpians) on our 01 XC and am intrigued by these. I hope someone has some experiences and better yet, opinions

·
Registered
62 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Stu B:
I am ready to replace the 3 season tires (OEM Pirelli Scorpians) on our 01 XC and am intrigued by these. I hope someone has some experiences and better yet, opinions
I don't have specific experience with these, but I had Nokian NRW snow tires on my Maxima for 6 years and I have nothing but good things to say about them. When it starts to snow I plan to take a serious look about going with Nokian's again for my V70...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Re: (nyerinmontreal)

I've got the NRWs on my A4 yearround. Snow handling is as if on rails. Ice traction is good but not as good as my wife's michelin Artic Alpins'.

If you check out NRW's website you'll get a little more information. I think they've improved the ice handling a bit.

If ice handling is your biggest concern, Blizzaks, Dunlops or Artic Alpins may be a better choice. If snow is the issue the NRW are excellent.

A friend of mine has the Nokian WR and the deep snow handling is unbelievable. Great if you need true snow tire not mudandsnow/multiseason

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: (Stu B)

Stu,

I have seen from your other posts on different boards that you have them already. I also have them and couldn't be happier. After dealing with Volvo and the garbage scorpians I just removed them to get rid of my vibration issue. They are much more robust than the NWR IMO and ride, brake, corner far superior to the scorpians.

Jason

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Nokian's

I don't have specific experience with the WRs but I have ALWAYS had Hakkapolitas on my 740 wagon for winter driving and won't have anything else. They are awesome in the winter.

I recently put NRZi's on my TT Roadster....another excellent tire. You can't go wrong with any of the Nokians...IMHO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts