SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting occasional P0420 (cat failure) but now the CEL with that code stays on all the time. I've had the EST downpipe and exhaust for about 2-3 years without issue and my '06 V70R has 118K miles. No other codes associated with the P0420, no visible smoke, normal oil burn and recent tune up (filters, plugs, oil.) Thanks!

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Maybe you need a oxygen sensor spacer (like a "CEL Boss"). My TME DP ran fine without a spacer for about 2 years, then I starting getting the "low efficiency" CEL. I put the spacer on and no more CEL.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
I was getting occasional P0420 (cat failure) but now the CEL with that code stays on all the time. I've had the EST downpipe and exhaust for about 2-3 years without issue and my '06 V70R has 118K miles. No other codes associated with the P0420, no visible smoke, normal oil burn and recent tune up (filters, plugs, oil.) Thanks!
Truth be told, a high-flo cat simply just doesn't have the longevity of a stock cat. Do yourself a favor and buy a "CEL BOSS" and it will get rid of the code within 100 miles.

I put a High-Flo Magnaflow in last october and as of early April I could shoot flames. Worthless products that die just as quickly as they are put in...so leave it in, hollowed out, to appear as if it is functional, and call it a day.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Edit: Nevermind, thinking of something else.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I vote for a spacer as well your cad has probably been eaten away a bit and the o2 sensor is sensing it is not working.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
+1 for no cat...more vroom vroom

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any suggestion where I can get the right spacer? What about replacing just the cat? I can't recall if it's held on by clamps or welded. I've seen 3" replacements for around $100.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Truth be told, a high-flo cat simply just doesn't have the longevity of a stock cat. Do yourself a favor and buy a "CEL BOSS" and it will get rid of the code within 100 miles.

I put a High-Flo Magnaflow in last october and as of early April I could shoot flames. Worthless products that die just as quickly as they are put in...so leave it in, hollowed out, to appear as if it is functional, and call it a day.
My tune I think has fixed my fireball shooting abilities :/

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Any suggestion where I can get the right spacer? What about replacing just the cat? I can't recall if it's held on by clamps or welded. I've seen 3" replacements for around $100.
Ipd sells a spacer I believe or your local auto store might

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Get a 90 degree spacer for 034 motosport...or motorsport ...something like that...I have one and its sweeeet looking and needs very little clearance...and I think the newest EST Dp's have a removable cat like that..not 100% though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts