SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
wonder why?

Lawyers? CYA?

No, haven't done a change yet and when I do it'll be by the dealership because it is free at 10k, 20k and 30k.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I plan to do mine. Does anyone know if the filter is on the top of the engine or at the bottom.? Also does it have a dip stick or is it one of those situations where it's just plugged and you have to buy one from Volvo.?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I plan to do mine. Does anyone know if the filter is on the top of the engine or at the bottom.? Also does it have a dip stick or is it one of those situations where it's just plugged and you have to buy one from Volvo.?
We just got our XC90 last night, and the first thing I did was open the hood, so this is fresh in my memory. There is no dip stick. There's an app for that. (i.e. this is monitored by computer)

I am not sure where the filter is.

·
Registered
478 Posts
There is no dip stick. There's an app for that. (i.e. this is monitored by computer)
I was shocked when I saw that in the manual. That's when I knew we were living in the future. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
If memory serves from an early view of the lump, the filter is upside down and located on the front of the engine. Accessible by removing the splash guard.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I was shocked when I saw that in the manual. That's when I knew we were living in the future. :)
My 2006 Mercedes r500 does not have a dipstick; the oil level is reported by sensors as it is in the xc90. Not exactly new technolgy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
478 Posts
My 2006 Mercedes r500 does not have a dipstick; the oil level is reported by sensors as it is in the xc90. Not exactly new technolgy.
New to me, but then again, I'm driving an almost 25 year old car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts