SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I am excited about the AWD variant of the S60 that is on its way fairly soon, I'm wondering if anyone has info on whether the 300hp variant: (1) will be built; and (2) will be introduced this model year, or if it is likely to be a 2003 model year car. <P>It would certainly be a heck of a car, and I'm torn as to whether to go with the AWD, 197 hp variant or to be patient for a while, eagerly anticipating the arrival of the other 103 ponies. I'm also very interested to hear about anyone's experience with the new S60 AWD (apparently, George, you are the only one who can answer this so far). Thanks!<P>--Coby

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
I'll try to have a writeup done by the end of the weekend. I'm sweet on the 197 LPT as I think it's a great bargain, and the Haldex system really doesn't steel much from it. For most, I think it'd be a great package. They'll be in dealers by early October, so you don't have long to wait to drive one.<P>As for the R, I'm not sure of when it will get to US dealers. I just know that it is slated for a show sometime between now and the end of the year, so I would think a US debut at Detroit and in dealers early next year latest. That's a guess, but it's an educated one.<P>George

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I look forward to it, and I can't wait to try out the AWD variant (not to mention the T5R).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts