SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My car has always been rattle free. I put down the drivers side section of the rear seat a week ago & ever since there is a rattle that seems to be coming from inside the folding seat back. There's a big plastic disc (silver dollar size) that goes through the carpet on the back of the seat. There sure doesn't seem like an easy way to open up the seat. Anyone else ever run into this? It seems like it's coming from inside the seat, if you tap on the carpet on the rear of the seat you can hear a little bit of a rattle.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Typically that noise resonates from the seat back catch area, a metallic sounding noise...my fix for that is a few wraps of duct tape around the metal portion the seat back mates to...picture of said high speed repair will have to wait for the car to return to the garage

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought it was at first but even with the seat folded forward it's making a rattle. I have to find a good volunteer to ride back there & help me find it. Thanks for your input. Rattles make me crazy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The cargo area floor pieces are ply wood, kids have knocked those around to make noise, also the metal hanging bar for the net in the seat back could have "deployed itself" slightly with a good slam of the seat

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.