SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my '14 S60 in for a TCM update... now my cruise is different. Like our XC60, it used to go up in increments of 5 after being set, now it only does 1 mph at a time. Any ideas?? Why would updating TCM have anything to do with speed control.
Tech said that is the way it is supposed to be, but I'm not stupid. Check the manual. I told them to look into it..I like the feature.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Took my '14 S60 in for a TCM update... now my cruise is different. Like our XC60, it used to go up in increments of 5 after being set, now it only does 1 mph at a time. Any ideas?? Why would updating TCM have anything to do with speed control.
Tech said that is the way it is supposed to be, but I'm not stupid. Check the manual. I told them to look into it..I like the feature.
With Active Cruise Control it goes up 5 mph.
With regular cruise - 1 mph.

I know in your model year it used to be 5 mph (I remember driving a loaner), but now it's 1 mph, so the update "fixed" it in line with the newer models, it seems.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weird thing is our 13 was just 1 mph each time..my 14 was at 5mph, now to 1...I liked the 5 better. Not sure it's a "fix".

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I thought by holding down the +/- Button down for an extended Press would do a XXmph and a Single Press would do XXmph; not sure which one did what because I actually hardly ever use Cruise Control.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup. Single push was to the 5mph increments. Holding went up at 1 mph increments.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
+1 mph was up until 2013 (and every other car ever made). Then, in 2014, they changed it. And then, at some point (not sure when) they changed it back.
I find +5 irritating, it still drives me nuts, but at least there's a shortcut for it with the ACC.

·
Registered
12 Posts
+1 mph was up until 2013 (and every other car ever made). Then, in 2014, they changed it. And then, at some point (not sure when) they changed it back.
I find +5 irritating, it still drives me nuts, but at least there's a shortcut for it with the ACC.
+1. This has been a PITA for me to adjust to, as none of our other cars jump by 5 mph. I really like the finer adjustments.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
+1. This has been a PITA for me to adjust to, as none of our other cars jump by 5 mph. I really like the finer adjustments.
If you use the "resume" button, it actually increases by +1 mph. I've been using it a lot lately. With ACC it's a completely different ball game anyway. I need to get used to that first.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Bracko, where are you.......

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm getting used to it, but still liked the feature. A quick hit of the button took you down to the next 5mph when you are coming up to traffic in front of you on the interstate.....since I don't have the ACC...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts