SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new to SS and wanted to know if any SD R owners out there. In addition, anyone have any mods to the R and what are they and how do you like them. Thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
I Pretty much am

From SD originally, moved up to Newport Beach for work, but go down every weekend. I spend most of my time in Cardiff and PB (between the GF's and parents house).

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Re: Any SD R owners? (xman03)

Quote, originally posted by xman03 »

One of these should do it.

Geez the guy has like 4 posts you you do this to him, you should be ashamed of yourself

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: Any SD R owners? (jstro)

I am in the area with mods. There is a big tuner show at qualcomm(sp) stadium this weekend if you wanted to check out local options. everything else can be found via search and just looking around.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: Any SD R owners? (uvil)

What local options are there in SD for Volvo's?? I've would be really interested in someone who could do a custom DP or Exhaust for our cars. At the very least, I would be stoked if someone was confident enough to do a FMIC install.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Re: Any SD R owners? (so_calR)

Quote, originally posted by so_calR »
What local options are there in SD for Volvo's?? I've would be really interested in someone who could do a custom DP or Exhaust for our cars. At the very least, I would be stoked if someone was confident enough to do a FMIC install.

Any reputable exhaust/fab shop can make a DP, exhaust, and some FMIC. A lot cheaper than any other options available. For example a shop here will make a catless DP for $350

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: Any SD R owners? (so_calR)

I had my FMIC and the DP work i needed done by exalt customs. The FMIC was done with all allumium so it looks pretty stock. you can look up the website by name.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sweet!! If you don't mind me asking, did they do it for a reasonable price? I'm going to look them up in a sec, just gotta get through some work stuff real quick...

Also, how is your reliability with the mods...CEL's and that stuff? Do they back their work at all?

Thanks, I really appreciate the info as this is something I really want to do, but can't afford IPD's prices + the price of install right now.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: (so_calR)

Yes the price was competitive. no cels but because of changes to California law i would research your option for dp thoroughly (For cat). I have been to get issue fixed that i have found on the car. I would rate them minor depending on how picky or selective you are about it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Definitely going to run with a cat (heard Phuz say somewhere that there is little difference between no cat and high flow cat) I want to be as legal as possible in CA with the set up.

Was your FMIC bought from Phuz as well or did they build one for you?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.