SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am parking the XC90 in an underground garage along with many other cars. I am concerned that exhausts from other cars and dirt in general will leave oily residue on my new car and want to cover it with a full car cover. At the Volvo dealer today, they told me Volvo doesn't make a cover for the XC90. Does anyone know or used a cover that works with XC90? Also, in practice, is it OK to put the cover on right after turning off the car while the engine is still hot? or should I wait til it cools down then put it on? Also, will the full cover obstruct any active/passive security system within the car? Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quality is good, heavy duty, and it is huge! For various reasons, I have not yet put it on, but expect to do that soon, and can then report how well it fits.

Sent from my  using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i need to get one..can you please tell me hows the quality of it?
Finally got a chance to wash the car and put on the cover over the weekend. It is a very good fit, covers the entire car and only exposed a small portion of the wheels. The material is very good, feels thick, solid, but not heavy in hand. Attached are some photos:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Interesting. I was looking for a cover myself and your review might have sold me. Thanks for posting this.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting. I was looking for a cover myself and your review might have sold me. Thanks for posting this.
Glad to help. Also want to add that the fabric is breathable since it will allow the water to evaporate. The outside surface is fabric like (so is inside, only softer) and attracts dust. Since my parking garage has lots of dust, I used a blue plastic tarp that I bought from HomeDepot to put on top of the cover to prevent dust getting onto the car cover. Overall, I like it very much!

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Is this something you would be putting on the car everyday?? Or just occasionally when going away for longer etc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Is this something you would be putting on the car everyday?? Or just occasionally when going away for longer etc.
I only drive the car occasionally, so want to keep it clean while parked in the garage for weeks at a time. It gathers dust quite easily.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I only drive the car occasionally, so want to keep it clean while parked in the garage for a weeks at a time. It gathers dust quite easily.
Ok thanks, just curious :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts