SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out I was playing hockey (go figure my screen name) with a volvo tech at my dealership I got my car at. He complimented my s40 and was asking me about it and mentioned a recall involving MY06 dealing with pins/wires in the A pillar. I never got any mail on it, but he told me it needs to get taken care of and it is covered in warentee and the side effects are what I am currently experiencing with my temperature gauge and air conditioner. Anyone know anything about this (there used to be a sticky with current and past recalls....)?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Re: Any recall? (s40goalie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>s40goalie</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I found out I was playing hockey (go figure my screen name) with a volvo tech at my dealership I got my car at. He complimented my s40 and was asking me about it and mentioned a recall involving MY06 dealing with pins/wires in the A pillar. I never got any mail on it, but he told me it needs to get taken care of and it is covered in warentee and the side effects are what I am currently experiencing with my temperature gauge and air conditioner. Anyone know anything about this (there used to be a sticky with current and past recalls....)?</TD></TR></TABLE><br>i have this problem. it would be great if this a warranty issue.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
It was a recall issue. I think it was campaign 156 iirc. I could check my paperwork.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Re: (s40goalie)

The "campaigns" aren't always "recalls". A recall is a government-mandated action which the manufacturer is compelled to perform. There's a link in the sticky at the top of the S40/V50 forum to a government site where you can look them up. "Campaigns" are Volvo service advisories which dealers and owners are encouraged to do, but don't have to. I'm not aware of a public site where they can be browsed.<p>The best thing to do is go to your dealer and ask the service person to look up your VIN. The Volvo system will report what's eligible and has or has not been done. Beyond that, hooking the car up to the VIDA mechanic's cart can scan all the systems in the car to find eligible software updates, etc, but that's going to have a cost associated with it.<p>Tom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts