SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 2001 S60 T5 and believe me, I have never abused the car. I did however, go over a speed hump at about 60km/hr recently. Since then, I have heard a clunking sound which has been diagnosed as a suspension mount problem. Any comments? Should this happen so soon if at all? Remember the steering mount problem in the S80 2 years ago. Has Volvo catered from the S60 adequately in terms of the suspension?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same clicking sound on my 2.4T. I've just passed 30000km, and do think that suspension problems should not occure at this early stage!!<P>I've heard some rumors about some faulthy rubber bushings on some newer models, anyone else that have heard this??

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I have the sport suspension and have had continual problems with clunking sounds, mostly from the rear right. When the car was new, all was fine. At approx. 3K miles the noises began. I finally got the dealer to replace the rear shocks. This worked for about another 1K miles. The noise then started small, but is now large again. They are looking at it again but are already trying to make excuses. I'll continue to pursue.<P>Once it gets going, I hear it at every stop/start, on sharp low speed turns, and on low speed bumps. It sure sounds like a loose or decaying rubber bushing.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
The sound comes from the connecting rods of the rear stabelizer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts