SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Good afternoon, anybody here have a Volvo dealer they highly recommend for service in the area? It would be awesome if you have a service advisor too. Just gauging which location you had experience with, ok to share if you had a good,bad,etc... experience whatever the case may be. Thank you for any feedback.

Best,
Chris.

·
Registered
479 Posts
In the tri-state area I have had great experiences with Gengras Volvo in North Haven CT. The service managers name is Brian and he recently went above and beyond fixing a problem with my XC40.

Reactions: ChrisJB84

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First thanks to all four that provided feedback so far. It's really appreciated.

On a Volvo enthusiast forum, 130 something views and 4 responses... that's either telling or not. But anyway, let me be more specific and hopefully get more responses. IF not comfortable on a open forum, please direct message me.

As I mentioned in any of my responses on other topics, I like to be educated and informed and do as much due diligence.. so I was researching on dealerrater.com, and this was the top four I found and their top rated/most reviewed service advisor.

Smythe Volvo (Summit, NJ) - Tom Coward, Doug MacAdam
Prestige Volvo (East Hanover, NJ) - Bob Knott, Patricia Sommerville
Kundert Volvo of Habrouck Heights (Hasbrouck Heights, NJ) Mike Mazzaro Jr
Prestige Volvo Englewood (Englewood, NJ) -

Appreciate any feedback and please don't hesitate to direct message me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I used to use Mount Kisco NY Volvo but they closed. Now using Volvo Cars Hudson Valley and they seem pretty good from my experience.

If you want a non-Volvo mechanic, I can't recommend Chappaqua Auto Center more strongly.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I also use Hudson Valley Volvo, and I have zero complaints.

I suspect the reason you're getting few responses is that few people have an out-of-the-ordinary experience with their Volvo dealers.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also use Hudson Valley Volvo, and I have zero complaints.

I suspect the reason you're getting few responses is that few people have an out-of-the-ordinary experience with their Volvo dealers.
I try to keep an open perspective. I actually expected the extremes, and will try to make a decision on which side it tilts more. It also seems that folks are just not as active at least on these side of the coast.

To be frank, not here to bad mouth anybody or tarnish their reputation but just see what is out there. I understand there are bad actors (Both dealers and customers) so I try to be courteous and respectful and hopefully that gets reciprocated if not, that's on them.

Anywho, thanks to all that provided feedback.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm extremely happy with Smythe Volvo I go there even though it's 40 minutes away from my house and I'm much closer to Ramsey, Hasbrouck heights or Englewood. The reason I went there because I was told by the people who know they are good. I've never went anywhere else so I can't say this one is good and the other one is not good. I did buy my car there too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm extremely happy with Smythe Volvo I go there even though it's 40 minutes away from my house and I'm much closer to Ramsey, Hasbrouck heights or Englewood. The reason I went there because I was told by the people who know they are good. I've never went anywhere else so I can't say this one is good and the other one is not good. I did buy my car there too.
you don't like Ramsey's? I went there most of the time aside from Englewood and Paul for services. I thought Ramsey were fine. Let me know your thought should I switch.

·
Registered
46 Posts
you don't like Ramsey's? I went there most of the time aside from Englewood and Paul for services. I thought Ramsey were fine. Let me know your thought should I switch.
[/QUOTE
No I have never went to Ramsey. My question to you is did you go there for service or something else? I think I'm going to try them for my next oil change because they're really close to my house. All I said is that Smythe Volvo was great. I have no opinion about anyone else because I haven't gone anywhere but Smythe Volvo. Also a person who told about Ramsey he owns quite a few Volvo's because he owns a limo company and he wasn't happy with them. But again that's not my opinion. That is why I went to Smythe because I got my car there and already knew some people in service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts