SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

As the title says, anyone from the Middle East? I want to write to Volvo to offer 360 cameras as an option/accessory. According to my dealer this option will not make it to the Middle East until mid 2017. I'm receiving my car next week and I'm hoping that they would offer it as an accessory at some point.

This should be a fairly easy option to install. This is based on a conclusion that I came with from another thread here. The thread speaks of ventalted seats and points an unused socket that maybe the power source for the massage unit in equipped vehicles. This lead me to the conclusion that Volvo is using one Harness kit regardless of configuration (makes sense operationally and financially). This means that the only addition when adding 360 cameras should be cameras and mirror housings (and o-rings and so on) and software.

Let me know if you are interested

To those non-ME owners who missed out on ordering 360 cameras, please join us.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello, I am from Saudi Arabia. I had similar discussion with the dealer and they told me Volvo is short of cams so that they skipped Middle East market, at least till the end of 2016. Unfortunately, they stated the cams neither can be pre-wired nor retrofitted.

I am planning to custom order the car and trying hard to convince them to add 360 cams as a special order. To be honest, this option, especially, in Saudi Arabia, is a deal breaker for me. Not to mention it is available in lower class vehicles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nad
Which part of Saudi are you from? Al-Futaim didn't order any cars for 2016 as they are in disagreement with Volvo so chances are they won't order you a car. I'm in the Eastern Province and I bought my car from Bahrain (there is no duty). 360 cameras were a deal breaker for me back in July when I ordered the car but then became convinced that there is an 80% chance Volvo will make this option available as an accessory after I saw what they already offer (please visit Volvo accessories to understand what I'm saying). As stated earlier, it seems to me that Volvo is using the same harness regardless of equipment. The harness (and the program) are probably the most complicated in this setup. I think if Volvo hears enough noise they will offer this option/accessory to our region. Ironically, South Africa is part of ME and Africa and it's offered to them. I'm not happy with Volvo for leaving us out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I'm from Bahrain and planning to order Inscription on end of the month or first quarter of 2016 depends on November update and wants to avoid any faults or car recall. The same discussion with the agent earlier this year and they stated that the 360 camera will be in November, and I'm still waiting for the update coming to evaluate the deal.

Hope to see more ME owners giving their ideas and experience :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
360 cameras will not be avilable for this model year or 2017 model year as per dealer in Bahrain. I got this information last week

·
Registered
15 Posts
Osama

Sorry did not mention the discussion was with Bahrain dealer.
Please, can you send me a link of the 360 cams as accessory? I could not find it

Shadnoosh,

What you mentioned is good news. They told me starting Nov, CarPlay and power folded 3rd row seat will be available for order but they are still rigid with the option of 360 cam. Hopefully, they will, especially, if we consider the big issue with Saudi dealer. I have heard that almost half or more of the sales in Bahrain are from Saudi Arabia which may create some pressure on Volvo to add this missing feature and others. What I understood that they count on the sales figures to add or remove options.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys

As per regional manager (based in Turkey) Volvo will not offer 360 camera to the region and this inludes Dubai and Kuwait (not until 2017 or even 2018). Electric seats are not available yet, either (Middle East or otherwise). The 360 is not on the accessory page but Volvo has other more complicated features available there that lead me to believe this accessory will eventually make it. They already offer reverse camera and lane keeping aid.

Here is the Volvo Experience Management Email and phone number. Contact them to make your voice heard. I would email and follow up with a phone call
[email protected]
+46-31-3250077

I decided to buy. I custom ordered back in July and I will take delivery this week. The car is already in Bahrain and ready for delivery pending export paperwork. If you guys are interested in changing options or color combinations you need to order now. There a last order change date which means it will take 3 months approx to take delivery. They require 30% payment on custom orders. They are a great dealership. Best experience buying a car for me ever!

Good luck

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks. Can I ask if you know if there is any problem exporting the vechile to Saudi Arabia from Bahrain, provided it is not yet officially launched there. Do you know anyone who did it and if there were any hassles with the custom at the borders?

·
Registered
81 Posts
hello guys

my car also had been ordered with ME options - saudi market
i ordered it through overseas sales

regarding the options of 360 cameras
i talked about it to so many superiors in Volvo
from stupid Turkey office
up to Sweden client service
and even to CEO of Volvo during a diplomatic evening in Brussel - Belgium

and unfortunately, no one can help in this...

BUT the idea of Osama, i already heard it from many dealers in Europe as solution for my disappointment regarding adding it to my car
which made me continue buying the car and i suppose to receive it in April 2016

regarding 3rd power seat, its not yet a confirmed option even in Europe
so, as Osama said, we should not expect it up to 2018...

my question to you guys
do you hear any plans about Volvo in Saudi?
i talked so many times to previous general director of Volvo Mr. Hasan KUTBI
and he have no clue about it
also during my conversation with CEO of Volvo i mentioned that we had the worst ever Volvo regional office
because during 5 years, 3 dealers had been changed because of lacking of support from regional Volvo office in Turkey

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. Can I ask if you know if there is any problem exporting the vechile to Saudi Arabia from Bahrain, provided it is not yet officially launched there. Do you know anyone who did it and if there were any hassles with the custom at the borders?
It should be straight forward. The dealer has already delivered a car to an owner in Saudi. They know what paperwork to prepare. I also called imports unit on the causeway and confirmed its an easy process. There is also no duty required and you don't need to take the car for standards check nor do you need to take it for inspection. I can share my experience once I receive th car either this week or next week.

One thing for sure is that Bahrain's traffic department takes forever registering cars. It has been a week so far and that's what I've been waiting on!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hello guys

my car also had been ordered with ME options - saudi market
i ordered it through overseas sales
How did you do that? Did you have the option to order Euro Specs? Did you get any incentives or discounts by doing this?

my question to you guys
do you hear any plans about Volvo in Saudi?
i talked so many times to previous general director of Volvo Mr. Hasan KUTBI
and he have no clue about it
also during my conversation with CEO of Volvo i mentioned that we had the worst ever Volvo regional office
because during 5 years, 3 dealers had been changed because of lacking of support from regional Volvo office in Turkey
I haven't heard anything. My guess it would be a year until it's resolved. But that doesn't matter in my case. Bahrain dealership is far more superior and customer oriented than any other dealer in Saudi Arabia. I'm glad I bought from them rather than a Saudi dealer.

Where do you live dr? My guess is nowhere near Bahrain. If I remember correctly you were even considering buying from UAE. I ask because I'm trying to figure out how you plan to maintain the car

·
Registered
81 Posts
How did you do that? Did you have the option to order Euro Specs? Did you get any incentives or discounts by doing this?

its easy to be ordered through this programme
but you should take specification of your area
which means in my case ME specification

I haven't heard anything. My guess it would be a year until it's resolved. But that doesn't matter in my case. Bahrain dealership is far more superior and customer oriented than any other dealer in Saudi Arabia. I'm glad I bought from them rather than a Saudi dealer.

Where do you live dr? My guess is nowhere near Bahrain. If I remember correctly you were even considering buying from UAE. I ask because I'm trying to figure out how you plan to maintain the car
I'm living in Europe right now
but later on i'm gonna be in ALKHOBAR (so, mostly i will do like you and do everything in Bahrain)
& I don't remember that talked abt UAE

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dr
Did you get any discount with this program?

I almost starting myself. I had to go back and check. You talked to me about UAE back in July 29.

The dealer in Bahrain is really great. Makes all the other dealers here in Saudi look like amateurs working in the flea market :p

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I received my car today!
It so happened there was some visitors from corporate and it looks like they lurk here on our discussion and feedback.
I spoke to them about 2 things
1- 360 camera: coming mid 2017. He didn't completely dismiss the idea of having it as an accessory and being able to retrofit the car with it. He said once they are able to fit it, they will make sure I'm the first to know... I'm sure will see it eventually.
2- Saudi dealer. They are still negotiating. They have plans to come back stronger than ever.

It's seems like they like active customers who become part of the Volvo community. He stressed that they don't favor one region over the other. Proof is in the pudding, lets see how Volvo will work on this region.

To those buying from Bahrain and shipping to Saudi. Make sure you have proof of transfer (bank statement work). Saudi Authorities will not release the car without it. My car is spending the night in customs until I get these documents :-(. Otherwise everything else was ok aside from the long line of trucks on the Saudi side.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats.

Can post photos ?

I can't get it why they would omit such an important option till 2017 and they say they don't favor one region over the other. It is available almost allover the world.

Can I ask, how to prove to the customs in case I pay in cash?

Thanks

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nad
I will post photos soon.

To take money across the causeway you will need customs declaration. I think a copy of the declaration will do. Just tell the guy that signs on your intention so that you don't fall in any traps. I think it's easy.

Good luck

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I received this msg today for Volvo experience management. This should be good news for you guys.

Dear Mr. Al-Momen,

Hope this e-mail finds you well.
I just got the information that 360 Camera will be available for our Middle East markets as of MY17 XC90s (XC90s produced after 2016 week17).

Kind regards,

·
Registered
819 Posts
I received this msg today for Volvo experience management. This should be good news for you guys.

Dear Mr. Al-Momen,

Hope this e-mail finds you well.
I just got the information that 360 Camera will be available for our Middle East markets as of MY17 XC90s (XC90s produced after 2016 week17).

Kind regards,
Happy for you guys! You at least get Volvos, when living abroad in Northern Iraq there were no Volvo dealers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats Osama... :partywave:

enjoy it as much as you can ;)

& later i need ur advices regarding the protection of the paint if you are planning to do so in the future

about the discount or not, i don't know about your prices in Bahrain & the customs in Saudi

but my car cost me around 275,000 saudi riyal depending on currency changes

about 360 camera, i have the email of the Mr. Anders Karreberg (vice president of Volvo), we already talked about volvo in saudi
& how miserable its in our area
but if you like, i can email him about this option and if its possible to add it as soon as possible
and to fix it as accessory for clients like you

congratulation again
and wish open new thread with your experience
or to keep this thread as reference for ME in generally & gulf area specifically...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts