SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damaged this trim somehow, anyone got a part number so I can order a replacement. Can’t figure it out from the part websites.
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire

Thanks

·
Registered
2022 Volvo XC90 T8 R-Design with air suspension and B&W Sound system
815 Posts
Looks like #23 below... but part number will vary based on the trim used in your vehicle.

Font Auto part Parallel Engineering Motor vehicle

Front Console parts

*** Unfortunately the parts list is not yet available for the newer 2021+ models from what I can see.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Nothing you did, the chrome is lifting.
That is covered under the 4yr/50,000 mile warranty.

·
Registered
2018 XC90 T6 R-Design, B&W, PoleDanceStar
83 Posts
My 2018 has it pretty bad there. Almost 50% of the chrome is gone. Its out of warranty and looks to be an 8 hour job just to remove all the parts to get to that trim piece.

·
Registered
933 Posts
My 2018 has it pretty bad there. Almost 50% of the chrome is gone. Its out of warranty and looks to be an 8 hour job just to remove all the parts to get to that trim piece.
For reference Volvo pays us under 3 hrs to replace that trim piece. The console has to come out and ~60% apart.
Not that hard just a lot of screws, spring and plastic clips. After doing 2 or 3 they become gravy.

·
Registered
2018 XC90 T6 R-Design, B&W, PoleDanceStar
83 Posts
I have an appointment on July 4th. I’ll inquire about the parts and labour for the a replacement piece and report back.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Volvo took care of it under warranty. New trim piece feels like metal instead of chrome'd plastic...has a slightly different finish to it. I suspect i'm not the only one to get this swapped out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts