SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This looks like a XC90 someone on here might have owned, nice tint and blacked out badges. Its for sale at a BMW dealer in western PA. It caught my eye since I've been searching for a Red R-Design, prefer a 2009 V8 with quad exhaust already but this one is equipped the way I want it, without NAV, no bluetooth and without the rear LCDs - a pretty basic model but it does have the turning HIDs.

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/648994447/overview/

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
If at some point you decide to buy, and you're interested in doing an OEM Bluetooth, PM me. Kit is no longer manufactured but I just did one on my "new" '08 Sport last month from pieces I found on the internet, some new and some old. Good luck !

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I would do another double-din headunit install perhaps one of the newer ones with Apple Carplay and other modern infotainment gadgetry.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not familiar with that specific one, but just bought one almost exactly like it. Ours is an '08 red sport with the white interior. Supposed to be going to my wife and I'm supposed to be driving takeover our '07 S80 V8. We've had it a week and I've only let her drive it once. Absolutely an amazing piece of machinery, it's like a sport sedan that can carry 7 people and stuff. But for the little heads in the rear view mirror, you totally forget you're in a full size SUV. Their is very little difference in handling between the Sport XC90 and our S80 with 4C set on sport.

I'd pull the Carfax, check the maintenance history & residency and get it up on a hoist. My only concern would be what 7 years of northeastern road salt might have done to the underside and all the complicated suspension bits. The interior in ours had been trashed by the previous owner, but had been detailed up fairly well. The maintenance history had been done by Volvo dealers as specified, it had the technology package and it had been mostly in California.

If it peaks your interest I'd pursue it. The red is stunning and the ride exilirating, noticeably so compared to the standard V8 which we had looked at as well.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Interior looks to be in great shape and it has a hitch already.
Of course I'm partial to red R-Designs ;)

Mike

·
Registered
836 Posts
... and the ride exilirating, noticeably so compared to the standard V8 which we had looked at as well.
Why?

What is different from a non sport?

I have a 2011 with Luxury Package and 19" Galateia wheels. What do I have to change to bring it up to the "sport" specs? Engines are the same, right?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Why?

What is different from a non sport?

I have a 2011 with Luxury Package and 19" Galateia wheels. What do I have to change to bring it up to the "sport" specs? Engines are the same, right?
The engines are the same, yes. The Sport/R-Design models have stiffer suspension (vastly different handling, BMW X5-like), different steering, aggressively-bolstered seats, and a dual exhaust (no spare tire as a result), in addition to all the cosmetic bits.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
07 and 08 Sport have a spare, R-Design with dual exhaust does not.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Single exhaust on the 07 & 08, although you can buy a dual aftermarket one. The sound seems little less throaty and noticeable stock than our S80. It may just be because of the extra distance from the driver. It it still has a nice sound, but it doesn't feel quite the same as firing up the S80. The stockSteering wheel is a smaller sport model, I like it so much I'm planning on putting one in the S80. The trim accents are all aluminum and not wood.

The difference in driving mannerisms between a stock V8 and a sport is quite significant. Especially if you drive both on the same day, while the experience is still fresh in ones memory. If you're looking for a cushier, quieter and friendlier drive then the sport may not be for you. But if you're looking for a 7 seat sports car, or just to see the difference take it for a test drive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts