SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the height of the spring perch in relation to the bottom of the shock. Trying to figure out if I can raise my suspension using some of these shocks.

Thanks!

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
Ask on XC70.com and in the V70 froum here, there are several Canadian's that have it on their XC's
Seems to have been more common up North!

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
771 Posts
I'll take a measurement for you when I get a chance. Maybe if I get home early enough today. Front, Rear, or both?

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just the fronts, that'd be AWESOME!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
771 Posts
Took some measurements yesterday.

Distance from bottom of top hat to center of lowest coil of spring: 12"

Center of lowest coil of spring to center of first (top knuckle mounting) strut bolt is 6 5/8".

I believe the front is actually lower than the regular S60 suspension, but that may be a function of the spring more than the length of the shock/strut.

Hope that's what you needed.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:( Thank you. I actually needed the measurement from below that "hat" to bottom of where the strut mounts to the knuckle.

Where in NJ are you? Maybe we could just meet up so we're looking at exactly the same thing ;)

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
771 Posts
So the distance from the bottom of the hat to where the strut mounts to the knuckle, or to the bottom of the strut?

Measurement from bottom of top hat to the centerline of the top mounting bolt on the knuckle would be 18.625".

I'm in North/Central Jersey, but I work down in Princeton. Don't usually drive the S60 to work though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts