SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve poked around but only found a few mentions. Has anyone gotten any additional information on the XC40 PHEV for US market? There are some here in EU, but I’d prefer to buy a US spec for when we head back to the states.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Exactly what kind of information are you looking for? It's been available here in the states for a bit now. My local dealer has had some one the lot available for sale. I test drove one maybe a month ago.

Edit: Totally missed you were talking about the plugin hybrid version and not the full electric.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I hadn't heard that the PHEV was available in the US. They have the all electric version but nothing I can find about the hybrid.

·
Registered
6,648 Posts
I bet VolvoUSA don't want to import it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I hadn't heard that the PHEV was available in the US. They have the all electric version but nothing I can find about the hybrid.
Whoops, totally missed they were asking about the plugin hybrid, not the full electric.

Yeah, don't know what the heck happened with the PHEV version in the US. Seems like at this point we aren't getting it.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 T5 AWD Inscription Onyx Black w/ Polestar
21 Posts
Whoops, totally missed they were asking about the plugin hybrid, not the full electric.

Yeah, don't know what the heck happened with the PHEV version in the US. Seems like at this point we aren't getting it.
They probably don't want to undercut the interest and sales of their first full electric vehicle or the other PHEVs by introducing another contender.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I bet VolvoUSA don't want to import it.
They probably don't want to undercut the interest and sales of their first full electric vehicle or the other PHEVs by introducing another contender.
Right, that’s my fear. It very much would undercut too. Especially because the overall tepid response on the BEV - 200mile range is a bit disapointing with such a $$ premium. :-/

·
Registered
6,648 Posts
Right, that’s my fear. It very much would undercut too. Especially because the overall tepid response on the BEV - 200mile range is a bit disapointing with such a $$ premium. :-/
IMO they should still import it and could sell more than the BEV. It would be sales gain.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IMO they should still import it and could sell more than the BEV. It would be sales gain.
Exactly. I’m actively looking for something similar elsewhere because I want a PHEV with a range of closer to 25-30mi for daily use instead of the lackluster T8 range.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Exactly. I’m actively looking for something similar elsewhere because I want a PHEV with a range of closer to 25-30mi for daily use instead of the lackluster T8 range.
Depending upon the weather we can get between 25 and 30 miles in our XC60 T8. Our best so far was 30 miles, with the AC on low. As cold as it is right now we won't but in more moderate temps, even with the hilly terrain, that wasn't a problem. As always, YMMV.

If there had been real indications that they would bring the XC40 PHEV to the US we might have waited but it just never seemed likely since they were already advertising the BEV.

·
Registered
6,648 Posts
Depending upon the weather we can get between 25 and 30 miles in our XC60 T8. Our best so far was 30 miles, with the AC on low. As cold as it is right now we won't but in more moderate temps, even with the hilly terrain, that wasn't a problem. As always, YMMV.

If there had been real indications that they would bring the XC40 PHEV to the US we might have waited but it just never seemed likely since they were already advertising the BEV.
Volvo are pushing Recharge models, including both BEV and PHEV. But VCUSA people still don't get it. Buyers of BEV and PHEV are actually different group of people. These two models don't compete much.

·
Registered
657 Posts

Wow... I've not heard anybody getting > 20 miles of all-electric range in any Volvo PHEV, ever...

·
Registered
6,648 Posts
Wow... I've not heard anybody getting > 20 miles of all-electric range in any Volvo PHEV, ever...
I bet he often goes out from home onto some 20 miles of down hill road. :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Pretty regularly before the cooler weather set in. We weren't really expecting it but it's nice. I remember seeing someone's video review where they got just shy of 50km, but that was flatter land than where we live.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts