SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I had someone clip just the right rear corner on my car, a '98 V70R. Thankfully the car is mostly fine, except I need the rear bumper cover and the trim piece by the pipe. I know it could have been way worse. Volvo told my body guy today that there are no new parts for this any more in their system. His opinion is that the aftermarket bumper would not match the quality of my car and he didn't think I would be happy with it. Anybody know of some new, old stock anywhere? If it's not available I guess the next stop would be an immaculate used one. This really sucks, because up until now my car was in awesome shape. I've had it since new, now has 110,000 on the clock. It definitely has me bummed out because this has been one of my babies since it was new and was still close to perfect condition, always garaged, never been salted. Pics from last summer. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Mode of transport Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Pretty common in pull a part yards, even in the same silver. Can always have one painted too.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretty common in pull a part yards, even in the same silver. Can always have one painted too.
I would be fine having the bumper painted, if I could find an unmarked part. I was hoping someone in here might have a line on a new old part somewhere. I know there's an awful lot of knowledge in here.

·
Registered
17,736 Posts
I'll look for a bumper pn in vida. r front bumpers were still avaliable even recently.

·
Registered
17,736 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok heres the PNs

Unpainted awd Bumper cover 9423881. This is what you'd end up getting. Its about $250.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/volvo-bumper-cover-9423881

426 silver awd bumper cover (NLA)

Did you ever just make my week!!! :thumbup: Thanks a ton! Tasca can still get the bumper and the support brackets. I was really bummed thinking about putting a junkyard bumper on my car. No idea why the shops normal Volvo parts supplier said that all parts for my car are NLA??

First thing I told my body guy was not to do anything until I checked on here first. :D

·
Registered
17,736 Posts
Did you ever just make my week!!! :thumbup: Thanks a ton! Tasca can still get the bumper and the support brackets. I was really bummed thinking about putting a junkyard bumper on my car. No idea why the shops normal Volvo parts supplier said that all parts for my car are NLA??

First thing I told my body guy was not to do anything until I checked on here first. :D
You need s dealer that gives a F. Seriously. Most parts ppl don't want to be bothered with old cars.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
You need s dealer that gives a F. Seriously. Most parts ppl don't want to be bothered with old cars.
I'm sure you are right. I was still in the body shop when he called the dealer and he was immediately told that, "There are no factory body parts available for that car any more, it's too old." It honestly never crossed my mind that the dealer was being an ass and was to lazy to even check! I just assumed I was kind of screwed. I love my car and want to keep as it's always been.

Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
17,736 Posts
I'm sure you are right. I was still in the body shop when he called the dealer and he was immediately told that, "There are no factory body parts available for that car any more, it's too old." It never crossed my mind that the dealer was being an ass and was to lazy to even check!
Ive walked into one dealer to get a water pump bolt and they told me it was NLA....sheer laziness. Theyre the same through 2015.

Find a parts guy who cares and will actually do their job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts