SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start off: mods I am not a sponsor, I have zero products to sell as of this moment, I am trying to get a general consensus of whether or not there is interest for an S60R CXracing FMIC kit.

I fabbed up a CXracing FMIC kit with a 29x11x3" core with 2.5" charge pipes a few weeks ago, and the worst part was cutting and machining everything to fit, that took the longest and I used lots of trial and error to get it to fit right.

I was considering spending a few weeks creating 10 or so kits that have all the couplers, clamps, piping (cut to fit), and mounting hardware included for between $350 and $450.

If there is interest please post up so I can see who would be willing to buy.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Wow that is a great price.

·
Registered
998 Posts
In before the lock? Haha. PM me if this flies. I've been shopping for a FMIC setup. Also, I'd suggest you try to make this kit fit without extensive modifications or that A/C drainage sh*t..

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
interested. count me in as well. Too bad this kind of product innovation is not encouraged from members which eventually helps out the community and increase traffic on this board. Kindly send me a PM before this get locked up or removed. Thanks

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
why not just put this in the Classifieds as a seller? I guess that could also get deleted but it's worth a shot since those people are trying to sell stuff and aren't having their posts deleted :D

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
This summer is supposed to be really hot.. Those people looking for a fmic kit should totally go for this. I spent almost 700 bucks gettIng a fmic kit. This is a steal!!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is definitely going to be deleted. You're essentially setting up a group buy initiation without being a sponsor. I admire your interest in doing this for cheap, but this thread won't last.
I'm not a sponsor because I have no product to sell at the moment, if this does get off the ground i'll gladly pay swedespeed to become a sponsor, but I won't blindly invest in products if I don't know if there's interest for them. It would be foolish in the part of swedespeed to delete this thread because if I have 10 people who want one i'd get the kits ordered and get rolling, become a forum sponsor and give swedespeed money. If the thread is deleted I will have little way of knowing who is interested or not and won't be able to get off the ground and won't be able to become a sponsor.

Kit will fit V70R's and S60R's.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In before the lock? Haha. PM me if this flies. I've been shopping for a FMIC setup. Also, I'd suggest you try to make this kit fit without extensive modifications or that A/C drainage sh*t..
You don't need to drain the AC, I accidentally did by getting frustrated and just hammering the drier out of the way too far and I punched a tiny hole in one of the lines.

04-05 will have a harder time with the install since the drier is so huge, 06-07 will be a breeze.

Pictures:
Top down view of the "OTE" pipe, charge pipe, or whatever you want to call it to where the couplers come into place:

View of the passenger side intercooler inlet, notice the huge drier just to the left of the piping, this is why the couplers are slightly bent towards the drivers side:

View from the top of how the connection is made next to the radiator/AC condenser, notice the clamp is not tightened down during this picture:

My IAT location:

Top down view of the intercooler outlet:

I have no excess vibration or rattles, only 2 couplers are actually touching something, one lightly touches the AC drier, another barely touches the radiator support bracket.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or post them up, if there is enough interest I will order the kits and become a sponsor.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I'm not a sponsor because I have no product to sell at the moment, if this does get off the ground i'll gladly pay swedespeed to become a sponsor.

I think that's great but but how much would that be? Will your initial advertised price increase to cover that cost? In my humble opinion, I think it's more beneficial for the community when the innovator can freely decide what percentage ( if any) of the sale will go to the forum rather than swedspeed dictating what that dollar amount be. Not all members produce products to make a quick buck but rather provide a service or simply help people out. Unfortunately, with the current set up, this is not encouraged so the parties involved have to connect behind the scenes which is a shame.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think that's great but but how much would that be? Will your initial advertised price increase to cover that cost? In my humble opinion, I think it's more beneficial for the community when the innovator can freely decide what percentage ( if any) of the sale will go to the forum rather than swedspeed dictating what that dollar amount be. Not all members produce products to make a quick buck but rather provide a service or simply help people out. Unfortunately, with the current set up, this is not encouraged so the parties involved have to connect behind the scenes which is a shame.
swedespeed just wants money for allowing organizations to use their site to essentially advertise their products, which is understandable since the people who run the site put a lot of time and effort in and want returns on the side. I'm not sure what the price is to become a sponsor, but I wouldn't be a organization, just a one man operation. I'm just looking to help people out who don't want to pay $700 for a FMIC kit but don't want to spend days piecing one together. Sure i'll make money out of this, but even priced at $450 a kit I won't be making a killing for the amount of time that goes into preparation, realistically I'd like to charge $375 for a full kit, but the price of the kit will not exceed $450, that is a definite fact.

The reasoning behind this is because when I was looking for a FMIC I told myself that if I could find a direct fit kit for $450 or under I would buy it, if the kit was $451 I wouldn't. So I wouldn't want to offer a kit that's more expensive than $450, and if $450 per kit won't cover all my expenses in this project then I'll just throw in the towel.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Whether you are a person or organization, SS wants advertising fees if you are going to promote your own product.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Read and Moved to classifieds.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Whether you are a person or organization, SS wants advertising fees if you are going to promote your own product.

and this is why in part the board have 48,567 members and a measly 2,568 active members.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
agreed this site should be about bringing ouR community together and connecting the people with the know how with the people that want a fair price for products. People like stefan1235 doesnt have an entire staff to pay and therfor can keep costs down and if hes willing to do that for everyone he should be allowed. maybe we just need to keep these kind of posts in the classifieds. once someone buys one and installs it it should be fair game to post a product review in the R forum but the threads promoting products need to stay in the classifieds

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
and this is why in part the board have 48,567 members and a measly 2,568 active members.

Someone has to help pay the bills...

This and the number of active members have nothing to do with each other. The site is totally free to members.

(shrug)

It's gotta be classifieds though. It's offering something for sale plain and simple.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.