SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a quick question, I have a 2011 xc60(100K) and would like to know if anyone has bought an aftermarket warranty for there Volvo and the ease of going to the Volvo dealership and having all the work performed at no or little cost. I d love to keep it for years to come as its in great shape, but the T6 is not the most DYI friendly, Currently looking into GWC and it looks so, so. I hear endurance is good too. But would like to hear from experience with any of these. Thank you

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Every extended warranty I've purchased for my Volvos I've never used, so no help here. Did use it for a Ford, but only about a fifth of what I paid for it. YMMV.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I purchased my S60 RD from an Acura dealer, so I purchased their extended warranty offering. It covered all electrical up to 70k miles (may think about extending that), and all engine, powertrain, transmission is covered for the lifetime of the vehicle. I am hoping to be able to essentially have this car forever lol, lifetime extended warranty is a smart investment. I can share details with you if you like.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
OP, if you DO consider purchasing an extended warranty, advise is to purchase from a Volvo dealer somewhere. Shop around--I purchased mine from Crown in Clearwater. And the fine print is where they get you. The warranty I had on my V60 excluded 'corrosion' which didn't help when my touchless proximity open/close thingy went bonkers. Known issue where corrosion would rot the wires to the senor(s)/antenna(s). Brilliant exclusion by the warranty company--I'm sure they guy who suggested that got a Maserati as a bonus. I got lucky and VNOA good-willed the fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts