SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying decide on a new exhaust system, I'm leaning toward the IPD cat back exhaust, that being said does any one have a reason I shouldn't use this or a better suggestion?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Searching the forum will bring up lots of threads on this topic. I would go custom if you can.

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
go for the tme one, it must be ipd for your local market. They look different nowadays but share. I adore my tme since day one, should have get it way sooner i know.

edit: I have tme DP and catback exhaust and NO cell since (nor before also).

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
I'm looking to buy the IPD oval myself.

·
Registered
614 Posts
This has been discussed to the point of exhaustion. But that being said, definitely go custom. $300 installed here (granted its just aluminized but should outlast my R ownership so I'm not worried.) I'm not sure anyone can justify spending $800 on a "brand name" system but I suppose if $ isn't a concern then I have heard good things about IPD's exhaust.

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
it makes no sence at this point anymore.... some say catless, you will be blackflagged in europe and some us-states.
EDIT: TME also by now has an exhaust with a flow for +700hp for the R ready. It's just not tüv-honored.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I'm trying decide on a new exhaust system, I'm leaning toward the IPD cat back exhaust, that being said does any one have a reason I shouldn't use this or a better suggestion?
There are many options out there if I could do it again I think I would go with the IPD unit I have no problems with my est sport exhaust but I just like the look and sound of the IPD unit.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
If I we're looking for an exhaust and a tune I'd use the search feature and read some of the stickys rather than create a new thread... but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
So when you guys say custom, where should I start? Brands, size, anything?
OBX and RaceS60R are two downpipes that are less expensive than the IPD, Ferrita, Evolve, and EST downpipes. I would go with the RaceS60R(that is what I plan on doing). Then you will need some piping that goes all the way to the muffler. A couple of bends and a muffler of course. You can include a resonator as well before the muffler. Oh, and the hard part around here it seems is which exhaust tips do I get.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I agree on custom. I did that on my turbo BMW. 3" turbo back with a single Borla XR-1 muffler. My dad even used that muffler on his 240z's. Throaty and deep.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Searching the forum will bring up lots of threads on this topic. I would go custom if you can.
If I we're looking for an exhaust and a tune I'd use the search feature and read some of the stickys rather than create a new thread... but that's just me.
I'm new here..... and I can tell I'm going to have some fun too. ;)

Spdrcr-

I have recentley been looking for ways to upgrade my 2005 volvo S60 R....
Car in question, right?

What are you looking to achieve?? These are the questions I'd ask myself 1st, then bring those wants and concerns to the exhaust shop. A majority of the exhaust out there today (I'm not saying this of IPD) are just re-branded exhausts. Also,
Mandrel Bent tubing is a great way to go.... a little more expensive yes, but much better for flow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts