SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked the dealer and they say they can't buy me one of these.

Anyone know where I can get one in the US? I think the part number is: 86960424

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: Any European R owners? Can you order this for me?? HU Remote! (slowrey)

we are on a national holiday now, I can try the dealer tomorrow otherwise it will be Tuesday. I'll let you know how much it costs in the UK

Hedley

Ps, This remote came with my car, so I will check your number and see if it's on the back of my remote?

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Re: Any European R owners? Can you order this for me?? HU Remote! (Parts @ Boston Volvo)

Quote, originally posted by Parts @ Boston Volvo »

I can order one for you at $79.34 (Volvo's suggeted list price is $93.34).

Please contact me directly if interested.

John Sharisky

Definetely contact John. Met him today and he's a geat guy. He's helped me put an order together.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Re: Any European R owners? Can you order this for me?? HU Remote! (Volvo Grrrr)

sorry to go OT... John, I was just wondering how much would v70 3rd row seats cost for the v70R? thanks

-Greg

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Re: Any European R owners? Can you order this for me?? HU Remote! (silver623arrow)

Quote, originally posted by silver623arrow »
sorry to go OT... John, I was just wondering how much would v70 3rd row seats cost for the v70R? thanks

-Greg

Email would be the best way to reach him.

·
Registered
2005 V70R, Midnight Blue, M66
2,124 Posts

Unless things have changed, this can be ordered by your dealer.

I have had one for almost two years that I have used with both an HU-803, and with an HU-850. Not all the functions on the remote are implemented however it does add some functionality. If you have NAV it will mean that you have two remotes, there is no integration.

I suspect your Parts person may be a little lazy or else there has indeed been a change.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Any European R owners? Can you order this for me?? HU Remote! (rogersampson)

Quote, originally posted by rogersampson »
Unless things have changed, this can be ordered by your dealer.

I have had one for almost two years that I have used with both an HU-803, and with an HU-850. Not all the functions on the remote are implemented however it does add some functionality. If you have NAV it will mean that you have two remotes, there is no integration.

I suspect your Parts person may be a little lazy or else there has indeed been a change.

I called my dealer, Red in St. Louis, and Myswedishparts.com. The all said they couldn't get it. I even tried months ago to beg someone to buy it for me and no one would

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I found that remote control in my car glove box. I didnt know what it was so I almost threw it away!

Lucky I didn't huh! I might put some batteries in and see what it does. I guess it just controls the radio/cd. But why would I want a remote when I have steering wheel controls? I certainely dont want my passengers messing about with the system while I'm driving.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Re: Any European R owners? Can you order this for me?? HU Remote! (silver623arrow)

Quote, originally posted by silver623arrow »

-Greg

Greg, We usually stock these seats as they're a popular seller in our Sales Dept. A gray third seat for example is $1045.07 plus UPS shipping (Volvo's suggested list price is $1229.49). Please let me know if you have further questions or if you'd like to place an order.

John Sharisky

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
So is it an IR remote for the HU-803? I wonder where the receiver is on the headunit? Does it require anything special to work, or does it just "work" with any HU-803?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Re: (rgrove)

Quote, originally posted by rgrove »
So is it an IR remote for the HU-803? I wonder where the receiver is on the headunit? Does it require anything special to work, or does it just "work" with any HU-803?

The part number shown above is exclusively for Volvo's Navigation System.

John Sharisky

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Parts @ Boston Volvo)

Quote, originally posted by Parts @ Boston Volvo »

The part number shown above is exclusively for Volvo's Navigation System.

John Sharisky

For the remote are we 100% sure it's the remote I have pictured at the top. The reason I ask this is because I already have a Navigation remote. I wasn't 100% sure about the part number for the remote shown,

·
Registered
852 Posts
Re: (slowrey)

Quote, originally posted by slowrey »
...I wasn't 100% sure about the part number for the remote shown...

In that case, depending on your radio model number - the radio remote p/n is probably 8696042. We can order one for you at $79.34 (Volvo's suggested IS $93.34).

(Note: Sean's radio is an HU-803 for which the above remote applies)

John

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's from an old thread that I tried to get it:

Hello again.
I checked with Volvo, they said that #86960424 was non excistent, but #8696042 (without the trailing 4) was a remote controller. That number has a newer, or at least diffrent number here in europe as well, #9459783.
(I talked thru all the buttons and layout with the Volvo guy on the phone, and as far as we could tell, it was the same remote.)

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
247 Posts

Checked with my dealer here in Germany and I could get the remote for 70$ plus shipping to US... if still interessed

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: Any European R owners? Can you order this for me?? HU Remote! (Bavaria R)

Quote, originally posted by Bavaria R »
Checked with my dealer here in Germany and I could get the remote for 70$ plus shipping to US... if still interessed

I already bought it for him, see other thread...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Re: Any European R owners? Can you order this for me?? HU Remote! ("R" Kelly)

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »

I already bought it for him, see other thread...

You are always quicker... anyhow you can for sure ship cheaper to US then I could do.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: Any European R owners? Can you order this for me?? HU Remote! (Bavaria R)

Quote, originally posted by Bavaria R »

You are always quicker...

At the track, with the buying, with the typing...

did you see my moose jumped off the car at the ring. Didn't want to go back to the states...

LOL, I just got the "flood protection" warning, saying I'm only allowed to post every 10 seconds...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts