SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been a number of members that have replaced their OEM tires with Yokohama Geolandar G052s or Bridgestone Alenza's. Has anyone got any long term comments on how these tires are? Any other comments on other brands that you may have on your XC90 with 10,000-20.000 miles on them since replacing your OEM tires? Thanks for your input.

My Synchrones are just about done (17") and I am looking for a decent handling All season tire. (I have dedicated snows).

·
Premium Member
9,305 Posts
Re: Any Comments on long term use of Geolandar G052 or Bridgestone Alenza's? (Trevor)

No complaint on our Geolandar G052's after most of one year. They ride as well as they did new, and did well in the snow over the winter. They're not the most aggressive all-seasons but they made the car much more stable than the Synchrones. Very little ABS excitement in normal driving. My wife was downright afraid of the Michelins.

Tom.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Re: Any Comments on long term use of Geolandar G052 or Bridgestone Alenza's? (Trevor)

I have my second set of OEM Michelin Pilot Alpin 18's because I received 2 tires free under warranty due to incorrect rear alignment specs and I bought 2 more to complete the replacement. But I just put new Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenzas on my pickup truck a couple of weeks ago and I'll report back on them later this summer.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

I've got the alenzas and they've been great so far. Wearing very nicely so I expect to see about 50K miles on them.

·
Registered
293 Posts

Bridgestone Alenza's here with just about 10,000 miles on them now. Still very quiet, and not showing much wear either. Highly recommended.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts