SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello XC60 owners,

I am curious.

I wonder whether you guys have any real life experience with City Safety feature, which
really saved your precious XC60 from collision, that you can share?

:)

·
Registered
837 Posts
A few days after we got hours my wife was driving home on the freeway (stop and go) and sure enough it triggered and no collision...that's the only time I am aware of.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm still not completely clear on the terminology of what system covers what speed etc. but I was exiting a freeway going about 55 and the person in front of me stopped quickly. The system alerted with red lights and sound and I braked. I would have hit the car if it had not gone off. It did not have to do the braking and since I was going fast it may not have actually been city safety but the other system that kicked in.

I have had the lights and alert go off in town but they were situations where I was not going to hit someone. It hasn't bothered me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It kicked in ( I think ) for me just this morning. As I was rolling behind a car in traffic, my foot on brake pedal, I think! car started braking a fraction of a second before i did.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm still not completely clear on the terminology of what system covers what speed etc. but I was exiting a freeway going about 55 and the person in front of me stopped quickly. The system alerted with red lights and sound and I braked. I would have hit the car if it had not gone off. It did not have to do the braking and since I was going fast it may not have actually been city safety but the other system that kicked in.

I have had the lights and alert go off in town but they were situations where I was not going to hit someone. It hasn't bothered me.

I believe it is "Distance Alert" feature. I was also confused before.. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts