SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I need the same for my C70 as well. After removing the front license plate, there were two unsightly holes in the front bumper.

I'll check at the dealer sometime soon if they have any plugs for the wholes, as most dealers of any car should.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Well the dealer wasn't any help. I ask the guy at the desk for the plugs, then he proceeds to the computer and asks me what car I have in an effort to find the parts numbers for it. He then tells me that Volvo would not sell such a thing since they are concerned about safety and would not want you to take your front plate off.

The guys at my local dealership are retarded.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I just got back from Pep Boys (a general auto parts store in case you don't have that particular one in your area) and I picked up a little box of Splash Sheild Retainers for GM vehicles. They look identical to regular bumper plugs and have a 3/8" fitting, the same as the holes the dealer drilled. I tried to put them on, but its a really tight fit. I'll have to push really hard to get them in, potentially damaging my bumper, so I'll just sand them down until they fit nicely. Part # 45510, about $1.80 with tax for a pack of two in case anyone is interested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts