SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
You may want to contact your dealer to get the name of the company they use for paint touch-up and dent-removal of their used cars prior to putting them out on the front-line.

I was lucky with my Volvo and caught the dealer prior to installing a front plate and took delivey of my car without one...but with my A4(car before the S60) my bumper came drilled and after removing the front plate I was left with the holes that you desrcibe. I did what I mentioned...paid about $100.00 and it came out perfect...took them a couple of hours.

If you don't want to spend the money...go to Home Depot...find "something" to plug up the holes and then paint them with touch-up paint and then a coat or two of clear coat (touch-up paint should be available at your dealer) and the clear coat can be bought for a buck or two at your local Pep Boys.

Good luck

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sometimes a bold plug works better than trying to make it disappear. You could try siliconing in a Stainless Steel carriage bolt in each hole. I did that in my camper shell after I removed some racks. They blended right in, and nobody noticed them - where trying to fill the holes and paint over them never would have looked right (at least not if I did it myself, if you know what I mean).

If anybody asks about the bolt heads, you can just tell them it's your front RADAR.

- Darell

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I need the same for my C70 as well. After removing the front license plate, there were two unsightly holes in the front bumper.

I'll check at the dealer sometime soon if they have any plugs for the wholes, as most dealers of any car should.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (jde_in_nc)

You can stop by a body shop or an auto store for some body plugs.
They come in black and snap in. You can have the shop paint them or do it yourself.
They cost pennies, literally.
JRL

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Well the dealer wasn't any help. I ask the guy at the desk for the plugs, then he proceeds to the computer and asks me what car I have in an effort to find the parts numbers for it. He then tells me that Volvo would not sell such a thing since they are concerned about safety and would not want you to take your front plate off.

The guys at my local dealership are retarded.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (HPTJoe)

What the hell it it their business?

JRL
Quote, originally posted by HPTJoe »
Well the dealer wasn't any help. I ask the guy at the desk for the plugs, then he proceeds to the computer and asks me what car I have in an effort to find the parts numbers for it. He then tells me that Volvo would not sell such a thing since they are concerned about safety and would not want you to take your front plate off.

The guys at my local dealership are retarded.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I just got back from Pep Boys (a general auto parts store in case you don't have that particular one in your area) and I picked up a little box of Splash Sheild Retainers for GM vehicles. They look identical to regular bumper plugs and have a 3/8" fitting, the same as the holes the dealer drilled. I tried to put them on, but its a really tight fit. I'll have to push really hard to get them in, potentially damaging my bumper, so I'll just sand them down until they fit nicely. Part # 45510, about $1.80 with tax for a pack of two in case anyone is interested.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (JRL)

Just put them in today, (the plugs) nice improvment.
See my car pics next week you will be able to see them
JRL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts