SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have scoured the internet and called just about every place I can.

I've been checking VSBM and contacted Volvo Directly.

The axles condition doesn't matter I just want my car back,

after months of searching I found a thread here recommending I send mine to CVJ axles, so I did.

they Re-manufactured it within a day, AWESOME! but on the way back to me UPS lost the package.

Now CVJ is going to make sure I am taken care of but I cant find an axle. in any condition.

any information will be helpful.

·
3,899 Posts
Have you tried Pm'ing any part out thread owners like Shurgen and others?

·
Registered
122 Posts
My P2 SR will be getting parted out soon here, and is an M66 car. If you can wait a week or so I'll have one available to sell. I don't think any of my friends have spoken for it yet.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Will they ever do another production run or is this it for the M66 from Volvo?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Will they ever do another production run or is this it for the M66 from Volvo?
I'm not encouraging anyone to start hoarding parts but 4 years ago, when I blew axles on my P2R the dealer warned me that they had been advised that Volvo would make them NLA soon. Looks like they kept their word.

I would suggest buying a set and having them rebuilt if you plan on keeping your M66 R car for a while.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just replaced mine with a trakmotive axle from rockauto. A lot of guys have had luck with these and for $73 shipped you can’t beat the price. I kept my oem and plan on having it rebuilt it. If interested, you have to type in the part number for the axle (vo-8041) or else you won’t find it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just replaced mine with a trakmotive axle from rockauto. A lot of guys have had luck with these and for $73 shipped you can’t beat the price. I kept my oem and plan on having it rebuilt it. If interested, you have to type in the part number for the axle (vo-8041) or else you won’t find it.
I can confirm that they fit, but they are not the same:

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?607021-RockAuto-SA-VO-8041-Half-Shaft (comparison pic in link)

·
Registered
316 Posts
The only problem is that the replacement ones use a tri-pod type of inner joint, its not as strong as the OE style (cross groove). I wouldn't recommend it on an R if you have an heavy "R" foot.

It should however get you by until you find a replacement. I ordered one for just in case.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've seen the GKN axles in a few places. They're supposedly good quality, similar to Volvo.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just had my driver axle replaced the other day (it had come apart and they said it would be cheaper to replace it than the labor to reassemble it). Despite all sources online selling for $700+, his Volvo parts guy was able to get me a brand new axle for $150, the same price as an automatic axle. Hudson Goodyear (Hudson, OH) is the shop I go to, if you get desperate you could probably call and ask for Matt the owner and he could probably hook you up somehow with shipping you a new one. Also just gonna plug that shop, they do phenomenal work!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts