SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read reviews claiming body roll in Polestar offerings. Will the IPD rear anti sway bar be thicker than Polestar stock?
Anyone fitted one?

·
Registered
505 Posts
You will never completely remove body roll. If you truly want to upgrade the handling, get some KW coilovers and throw away your sway bars.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Do you own a P* or are you just reading reviews? I personally do not feel body roll in the P*. It is one of my favorite things about the car. Putting KW Coilovers would be the last thing you would ever want to do on these cars. The Ohlins are one of the main things that sets this car apart from any other Volvo.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You will never completely remove body roll. If you truly want to upgrade the handling, get some KW coilovers and throw away your sway bars.
Having thicker anti sway bars in Volvo 240, XC60, and VW Passat have yielded improvements that appeal to me. Somehow I suspect Polestar uses stock S60 anti sway bars like first generation T-5R. :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Polestar uses 15% stiffer sway bars front and rear according to them. The IPD bar is thicker than the Polestar bar, but I'm not sure how much stiffer it is. There are a lot of factors to take into account other than bar diameter.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Polestar uses 15% stiffer sway bard front and rear according to them. The IPD bar is thicker than the Polestar bar, but I'm not sure how much stiffer it is. There are a lot of factors to take into account other than bar diameter.
Owner's manual confirms:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Polestar uses 15% stiffer sway bard front and rear according to them. The IPD bar is thicker than the Polestar bar, but I'm not sure how much stiffer it is. There are a lot of factors to take into account other than bar diameter.
Great info, thanks!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
The suspension on a P needs nothing. KW coil overs would be a down grade, the ride would be less compliant and harsher with no handling benefit. The only advantage would be adjustability of ride height. The suspension as set up by Polestar is the biggest asset of the car, why would you want to mess with that?

·
Registered
404 Posts
The suspension on a P needs nothing. KW coil overs would be a down grade, the ride would be less compliant and harsher with no handling benefit. The only advantage would be adjustability of ride height. The suspension as set up by Polestar is the biggest asset of the car, why would you want to mess with that?
I don't know about nothing, but it's really good out of the box. I definitely agree about not touching the Ohlins dampers, they are better than anything you'll get from KW (does anyone know what the spring rates are on the KWs?). Same goes for the springs, unless Polestar comes out with a set that drops the car a touch. I wouldn't mind the front sitting about 10mm lower, but that's strictly a looks thing and has nothing to do with performance. A stiffer rear bar could eliminate that little bit of understeer that ultimately shows up in long corners and could give a litter crisper turn-in.

·
Registered
62 Posts
already been touched upon by other posters, but this drive-by non-sense needs repeated lulz. KW. el oh el.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts