SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received this message for the second time today in my 07 XC V8 with 46k. I am able to clear it by restarting the car.

Anyone ever see this? I ignored it the first time but now I am concerned. I am taking it in next week for the 45k service so we'll see what they say.

Thx!

·
Registered
950 Posts
My dealer chased it for a year, thinking it was a problem with the yaw rate sensor. Turned out to be the clock spring in the steering wheel assembly. Fortunately it was all covered by CPO.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I had it happen to me once when I was getting off at an exit cutting it a little tight while driving over the rumble strip. I tossed it up to not all wheels being on the ground and some slipping. Does there seem to be a rhyme or reason as to when it comes on?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does there seem to be a rhyme or reason as to when it comes on?
No, not really. It happened once in my driveway and once at my inlaws house. We are in the same neighborhood which is the only constant lol.

Thanks for the replies. We'll see what the dealer says next week.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have had it intermittently come on 7-8 times. Sometimes for awhile. Then, next time we start car, its gone. Had dealer look several times while under warranty - never could find. They told me I had to bring the car into them while still running and showing the code for them to know why - it wasn't recorded. Major f-ing pisser. Was on last week (post warranty) for about 30 second, then off. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the OP - please report back if there is any progress from the dealer on the issue!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, as we suspected, no codes are stored so there's nothing to go on here. I guess it is just time for the gremlins to start appearing. I understand though, if it's not doing it when I take it in, what can they do?

They did offer me a fuel system service for $189.95 however, to clean carbon deposits on the TB. I declined but they make the description sound so good that I feel like I should have had it done. Was I wrong to decline this service?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Funny - mine was on 2x this past weekend (after posting here). Once on for 20 mins., the 2nd time on for less than 2. Ugh!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had the same issue with my '08 at 46,500 miles. It was also the clock spring in the steering wheel assembly. Not covered by warranty at dealership. given my mileage, they covered the part and I paid time and effort at $180 total. First made me pay for a computer software update, then they ordered the part and ended up at just under $200 out the door.

·
Registered
785 Posts
My mom has a 2010 XC60 she purchased new- the airbag disabled warning came on twice. I believe the first time the dealer did a software update, the second time they replaced the clock spring for the airbag; point being is clock spring failures seem to be popping up quite frequently. Aren't all car makers that sell in the US required to warranty passive restraint components to a minimum time/mileage by Federal Law that may extend well beyond the length of the factory warranty ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts