SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Volvo V70R.

Intermittent display of those two warnings. Haven't found rhyme or reason but it will appear/go away on it's own plan.

I've heard steering angle sensor. If I replace this, will I have to "reset" anything using VIDA, or will it just connect and be good?

Obviously not sure if SAS is the true issue, more curious if replacing it will require VIDA to adapt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had these for a while idk what happened but they come on if I hit a gnarly bump usually. Then go off if I turn the car off and on immediately. Someone told me to tighten the bolt in the middle of my wheels. Never got a chance to do it though. They just stopped. coming on. Mostly during winter months when temps were freezing it would happen more. Nothing useful but I'd like to know what else to look at.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
You need vida to find out before pulling out the parts cannon...

·
Registered
230 Posts
If the steering angle sensor aka clock spring is going out, you will usually get the error message if you turn the wheel lock-to-lock a couple of times. If it's a wheel accelerometer, you'll sometimes get the error after hitting a bump, or maybe running through water. Trying to figure it out without VIDA is a lost cause.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Mostly during winter months when temps were freezing it would happen more.
If the steering angle sensor aka clock spring is going out, you will usually get the error message if you turn the wheel lock-to-lock a couple of times.
Interesting. Mine displays that fault but only when the temperature gets above 110 or so and I turn the wheel to the lock. It's been happening for many summers now, and it never happens during the winter, or anytime the temperature is below 100 or so.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Interesting. Mine displays that fault but only when the temperature gets above 110 or so and I turn the wheel to the lock. It's been happening for many summers now, and it never happens during the winter, or anytime the temperature is below 100 or so.
Weird. Our cars clearly enjoy different seasons Haha. It was happening daily on my way to work when it was cold out and only happened once this summer when I hit a nasty bump but turned the car off at the next stop sign, went away haven't seen it since and I avoid that bump now haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
My car has similar warning, but on VIDA I got BCM-0133, which is brake pressure sensor error. I will replace it next week.

BTW, it's only happened hot day too.

Sent from my BBF100-6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,814 Posts
I've been plagued with this issue for almost a year. Warm days are worse.

Just to let you know, there are several of these SAS clocksprings that fit our Rs, as long as the car has DSTC (like an XC90). Someone here did research and let me know, and then found one in the boneyard and pulled the part for me & shipped it to me, saving me close to 300 bucks. I just did it yesterday, and would not say it was difficult to do - then I reset the warning with VIDA and it's all green! There is a youtube video by peppermint, and another by FCP's Jason. Very good prep to watch.
While I was in there, I addressed the left turn signal stalk issue that was getting worse.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah there's quite a few models that support the same clock spring. Mine only triggers when it's warm outside like what other people are saying. Haven't had it in about a month or so out here in Denver since it's been chillier. Doesn't bother me too much when it happens - turn the car off, drive a few meters and it goes away. I'll fix it at some point I suppose...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts