SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I'm getting an intermittent Anti-Skid Service Required light that goes away when I turn the car off, and it randomly comes back. I have an OBD II reader, but I can't seem to get the light with the reader plugged in. Is the code that the light throws a stored code, or do I have to read it when the light is on? The OBD II reader is returning no stored codes. Thanks!

-azureous

On a side note, how accurate is the battery voltage readings returned by OBD II? Mine reads 13.9 - 14.1, is that normal?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
You'll need Vida Dice to get the actually code that is being thrown.

·
Registered
180 Posts
it's a sensor in the wheel well: hitting a big pothole or something that jars the car severely can dislodge the sensor forcing the anti-skid message.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
That voltage is normal. no info on your car is listed

There are a number of things that can cause that message. The only way you'll know is VIDA or Autologic (Maybe Launch too) read out.
Steering angle sensor, wheel speed sensors, BCM, alignment, body sensor cluster, all could give that message.
If steering wheel is not centered, and especially if something made it get off center concurrent with the message appearing then start there.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
ECM codes will not be relevant to for your problem.
You need BCM codes which are not accessed with OBD-II generic scan tools.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts