SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks!

I wanted to get some insight from you about an issue i'm getting with my AWD.

In 2014 i had my whole differential (Including Haldex) replaced because the back wheels were barely engaging when they should have.
The replacement part came with the pump and oil/temp sensor. They did not replace the DEM, they kept the same.
They filled the system with new oil as well.

The problem i'm getting is very intermittent but would always happen after a long highway drive (~1 hour).
I'm getting the message : ANTI-SKID SERVICE REQUIRED.
In VIDA, the following 2 codes are logged :

- DEM-0095 & DEM-000B.

It seems to point to the pressure sensor, which i also replaced since but the problem remains.

I also wrapped my exhaust under the DEM not to overhead the DEM when i had the differential job done.

Note that before i had the whole thing replaced, i never had that message. Ok, the AWD wasn't functional but i was not getting any message.

I did search through the forum & google for these messages but nobody seemed to have found a solution and nobody seems to have this problem after a long drive.

Would you have anything to suggest that i missed? :confused::confused:

Thank you so much in advance!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had this problem too. But I haven't found a definite cause. Mine seemed to happen when I made a quick pit stop. Like running into a gas station or some time that the car would be shut off for only a minute. To be honest I haven't had the problem at all over the summer and it had really had slipped my mind. I did do some major work at the beginning of the season (new trans, clutch, motor mounts, Angle gear service, and a rear bearing). Like I said it hasn't happened in a while. So...take it for what its worth. Also my friend is a volvo tech and he is stumped as well. Interested to see what you guys come up with.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you sure that your old haldex really needed replacing and that someone didn't just rip you off?
The Volvo dealer opened the drain plug and the liquid coming out was filled with metal particles. Maybe there could have been a way to clean it off, because i saw the clutch pack after and it looked fine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had this problem too. But I haven't found a definite cause. Mine seemed to happen when I made a quick pit stop. Like running into a gas station or some time that the car would be shut off for only a minute. To be honest I haven't had the problem at all over the summer and it had really had slipped my mind. I did do some major work at the beginning of the season (new trans, clutch, motor mounts, Angle gear service, and a rear bearing). Like I said it hasn't happened in a while. So...take it for what its worth. Also my friend is a volvo tech and he is stumped as well. Interested to see what you guys come up with.
This is odd indeed... did you have any work done on your haldex before?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would be great if i could remove the haldex, flush it, and really clean it down, but i don't know what i should use to clean all the inside channels. Also replacing the filter should help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anybody else got this problem? Very annoying on long distance drives. It would always happen after 1 hour or so of driving, mostly when climbing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts