SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done extensive searching to find a lot on the topic...but nobody cohesively links these two with a solution that I can find, or don't have such a concise timeline of when they lost AWD

I took off from a light in my M66 VR, AWD working.
Hard shift into Second Gear
"Anti Skid Service Required"
Next light, test AWD, car does a FWD burnout as I feared it would.

Now when driving in FWD, applying little gas and driving like a grandma yields a smooth drive, but if you give it enough torque that would usually make the rear power kick in, I get one single shutter coming from what feels like the center driveline in any gear.

"Anti Skid Service Required" turns on immediately with the car 95% and two minutes down the road the other 5%

Simple, short, sad story that leads to the list of endless possibilities, if I had endless money I'd just fix them all but I'd like a better idea.

Car has no codes related to AWD and clearing stored codes didn't fix the problem.
New pressure sensor for haldex didn't restore AWD, as it has for me in the past.

Angle Gear/ Collar? (Done within the last 50k)
AOC Module?
AOC Pump/Filter?
Speed Sensors?

These are all things I can learn about in other threads, but does anyone have an idea of where I should start based on the timeline in which the problem presented? Help much appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
550 Posts
No DTC's in VIDA? Anti Skid Service Required will generate DTC's. Diagnose > fault trace > DTC's. It's science!

Check axle bolts if nothing else takes 2 mins. Otherwise your SAS, aoc pump and/or dem pcb may just need a refresh. Either bba reman or xemodex. You need vida codes first, then follow flow chart on xemodex site GL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,605 Posts
Yeah, there should be codes in VIDA for antiskid. I'd also check the battery... My VR started throwing random codes as the battery went. You can always do the old "see if the prop-shaft spins with a wheel off the ground" test. That'll determine whether it is AOC/sensor or angle gear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top