SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dealer tells me I need a new need a rear diff. Module. The bad news is the price did increase. List price now is $1570.00. The part number is 30783132. Can anyone help me find this part, my car is locked in front wheel drive. I'm also afraid this is putting a big strain on the angle gear. Of course this is not covered under a ripoff extended warranty. Thanks. But I still love my R.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I wish I had more to tell you but it cerainly seems like something that should be covered under warranty. Is it a Volvo warranty or 3rd party. Might be worth a cal lto Volvo NA.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Re: Anti Skid Needs Service is a Big Bill to Fix-Help!! (Harveyd)

There is an issue with the temp sensor in the DEM and it causes many of the problems. It is available separately and there are some TNN's about this. I've only ever replaced on DEM, usually its a sensor. Depends on if the DEM was diagnosed correctly. Much cheaper to at least try the sensor if certain codes were tripped.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Anti Skid Needs Service is a Big Bill to Fix-Help!! (Oceans60R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Oceans60R</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There is an issue with the temp sensor in the DEM and it causes many of the problems. It is available separately and there are some TNN's about this. I've only ever replaced on DEM, usually its a sensor. Depends on if the DEM was diagnosed correctly. Much cheaper to at least try the sensor if certain codes were tripped.</TD></TR></TABLE><p><br>Definitely try this first. <p>And no, it's not putting strain on your angle gear. In fact it's putting WAAAAYYYYY less strain on your angle gear. <p>

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

Well if you had a proper warranty it would be covered.<br>Try the sensor, it's about $250 or so and that usually fixes it

·
Registered
2,124 Posts

As others have suggested, how can this warranty be denied?<p>This is a fundamental part of the drive train, you don't have RWD without it - what type of warranty does not cover drivetrain?<p>I would not worry about being "locked in FWD" since unless there is slippage detected that is the normal mode of operation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts