SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
801 - 820 of 1289 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #802 ·
Or that I don't own an xc70

just meant that it looked a bit higher than the front, which looks a little weird. No offense meant, buddy.
See, that right there is constructive criticism. Thank you! I'm sorrey if you think I'm offended

The trailer does drop the rear down a bit, but I think based on the side profile it looks balanced unloaded. Regardless, the XC gets used like a truck, a little rear rake is ok the way it gets loaded down.

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,392 Posts
Ready for the weekend with my Volvo Ice Box. 10 tallies with room for 4 more
You sir, deserve a badge of merit....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,889 Posts
is that the genuine Volvo cooler?

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #807 · (Edited)
is that the genuine Volvo cooler?
Yessir!

Volvo 9184606

It's both an ice box and a hot box. Picked it up used for $55 and it's awesome. I've had it run off my battery for 14h and was still able to start. Cooler only runs for a minute every 5-15mins (depending on ambient conditions), maintains 4*C. I've not used it as a hot box yet . Great for day trips or for long road trips... and not just for beer.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #812 · (Edited)
Long Point Provincial Park this weekend. 220mi round trip that the XC handled and towed well... except for the 16.4mpg . We've done this same trip for that past three years as a season opener as it's close and the campground is quiet. The park is part of a nature reserve that's an important stopping point for migrating which the park is full of this time of year. The beach is beautiful nice and clean, you'd almost forget that you were on Lake Erie . No adventures for the XC in the sand dunes, just the sandy campsites that an be quite soft. AWD and the V8 XC90 DEM that I installed a year ago is still performing well, no issues getting the trailer backed in and pulled out of the perfect spot. Open Season 2019! Looking forward to more camping and backcountry adventures this year!

Cheers!

·
Registered
2005 xc70, 1991 240 LS swap, 1979 244 b21 kjet
88 Posts

Thinking about installing a set of 25mm bolt on spacers for the rear axle. 25mm should be enough space to bring out the rear axle nicely while still being able to use the stock bolts with 19 mm heads. Anyone have experiences with bolt on spacers?
I've got 25mm bolt through spacers, so I just got really long lug bolts to go all the way into the hub right now. But they're also hub centric adapters for my wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Yessir!

Volvo 9184606

It's both an ice box and a hot box. Picked it up used for $55 and it's awesome. I've had it run off my battery for 14h and was still able to start. Cooler only runs for a minute every 5-15mins (depending on ambient conditions), maintains 4*C. I've not used it as a hot box yet . Great for day trips or for long road trips... and not just for beer.
I want this! For beer, of course! Though in TTR trips I just drop the cans into a nearest swamp: water temp is less than +10C at any time :)

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #816 ·
I want this! For beer, of course! Though in TTR trips I just drop the cans into a nearest swamp: water temp is less than +10C at any time :)
You know what else works well when you're in the backcountry, evaporative cooling. Put your beer can in a sock and dunk it in water. Repeat until satisfied. Get a few socks going and you've got yourself a nice session

801 - 820 of 1289 Posts