·
Registered
18,889 Posts
:eek: Did you crash?

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #723 ·
Nah, just stupidity. Went a little hard parallel parking. Hit a high curb that I couldn't see under the snow and that I thought was a bit further back. Hoping is just the wheel and toe arm as I can find both quite easily.

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,889 Posts
Handbrake turn into the parking spot? Lol

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #733 ·
That's pretty cool. I'd love to have the space/time to play with mods like that. From what I know, the XC90 subframe mounts are higher relative to the subframe vs the XC70, this will drop subframe lower when mounted similar what subframe spacers are trying to accomplish. Hopefully it all works out. If I went through the trouble of this I'd try to swap in a V8 .

·
Registered
174 Posts
It's called lifted Volvo's. I like the subframe idea but if I was to get one from a pick n pull, how would I pull this without the engine and trans? An overall great solution. I would get the rear with haldex and all the trimmings too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,889 Posts
It's called lifted Volvo's. I like the subframe idea but if I was to get one from a pick n pull, how would I pull this without the engine and trans? An overall great solution. I would get the rear with haldex and all the trimmings too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You use an engine support bar. Then just drop the engine and trans on the ground when you are done lol. Preferably you would attempt this at a yard that already has the cars up off the ground.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Finally found some time to finished the rear spring mount spacers over the weekend.

A bit rough but they fit the footprint of the mount. Will add 3/4" to the rear end. Waiting on warmer weather to get them on.

I was thinking about this when I was working on my lift last night. Are you doing something similar for the front? Adding the body spacers kinda offsets the lift springs unless you put spacers under the struts.

Also, FWIW to anyone, the rear subframe brackets are M12, not M10 like the front. Ran into that last night as well.

721 - 740 of 1289 Posts