SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
621 - 640 of 1289 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #621 ·
Thanks for answering my question. I have another one.

Since you installed your new springs have you noticed it settle yet? Some say it takes 2 weeks to settle an inch, I think its at least a month or two.
Can't say I really noticed them settle, although I haven't given it much attention. they still feel quite high.

This is when it was fresh

This is the most recent

After vs Before. Note: After includes the rack and full spare. Measured from center of hub.

I didn't want to post this on a public forum, but in several of your pictures from your road trip, I could see your rack... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #623 ·
Front and Rear subframe spacers

Got hooked up from my brother, gave him all of the dimensions and he fabbed me up a set. Could be done with less material, and I had to increase the ID of 2 spacers because of the subframe locating pins. They are 5/8 16mm thick. I was only able to install them and not really take it for a test drive or check everything over... I got called into work. Anyways, I feel like they're more of a supporting mod opposed to actually lifting the vehicle as they will reduce the angle that the control arms and other parts are resting at, but I'll take some measurements when I get a chance. Only Hardware that was required we're 4 M10x50mm bolts for the front subframe rear bracket. All the other subframe bolts had at least 30 mm engagement into the chassis. I should be good to go ahead and install the XC90 front end now along with a rear spring Mount spacer.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #625 ·
Interesting. That should open up more options for front struts now, correct?
I guess soo.... But I'll be installing the XC90 bits I've been hoarding for a while now hopefully sometime in the near future. That will add about 13mm to the front, and I plan on adding the same or a bit more to the rear mount to balance it out.

G

·
I guess soo.... But I'll be installing the XC90 bits I've been hoarding for a while now hopefully sometime in the near future. That will add about 13mm to the front, and I plan on adding the same or a bit more to the rear mount to balance it out.

So all total about 2.5"-3" of lift then with the BS kit?

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #633 ·
Ha. We'll see. Shipping/payment is an issue, also time. No promises.

https://crosscountryperformance.com/

These guys are developing their own set, although it is only a set of 8 spacers. There are no spaces for the subframe brackets, and they're only half inch, mine are 5/8"

Anyways, I was finally able to take it for a drive. The exhaust hangers for the downpipe we're contacting the brackets across the tunnel so I added spacers to it using some old nuts.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ha. We'll see. Shipping/payment is an issue, also time. No promises.

https://crosscountryperformance.com/

These guys are developing their own set, although it is only a set of 8 spacers. There are no spaces for the subframe brackets, and they're only half inch, mine are 5/8"
HOLY CRAP! $150 for 8 pieces of aluminum.

Get me the specs and I can turn some out for you guys. There is about $5 in material and 30 minutes of time.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #636 · (Edited)
HOLY CRAP! $150 for 8 pieces of aluminum.

Get me the specs and I can turn some out for you guys. There is about $5 in material and 30 minutes of time.
I had 12 spacers made, but I recommend installing 4 more for the exhaust bracket. The rear subframe also has brackets like the front, but they can be bent into shape, or if you're up for it you can build spacers for those too. You could also make them with less material on the OD, like 2.5" should work just fine, but I had no issues with 3", and the ID doesn't have to be exact, can be larger.

2 @ 3" OD - 0.9375" ID - front right subframe
2 @ 3" OD - 1.0625" ID - front left subframe
4 @ 3" OD - 0.5625" ID - rear subframe
4 @ 2" OD - 0.5625" ID - front subframe brackets.
4 - M10x50mm - subframe bracket bolts

All at 0.625" height.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I had 12 spacers made/

2 @ 3" OD - 0.9375" ID - front right subframe
2 @ 3" OD - 1.0625" ID - front left subframe
4 @ 3" OD - 0.5625" ID - rear subframe
4 @ 2" OD - 0.5625" ID - front subframe brackets.
4 - M10x50mm - subframe bracket bolts

All at 0.625" height.

Enjoy!

Sharing is caring. Maybe one day I'll have to have a set of my own if The Adventure Wagon™️ makes a comeback...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Would there be any reason that you couldn’t fab up a 1 inch set of these spacers? Why did you land on 5/8inch?

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #640 ·
Sky is the limit

5/8 cause I didn't want to buy new subframe bolts, but I'm sure there are more complications going taller. Steering shaft, brake lines, prop shaft carrier, radiator lines, coolant lines at the firewall, wiring, intake piping... if you're planning on going taller you'll need to do your own homework.

621 - 640 of 1289 Posts