561 - 580 of 1289 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #563 · (Edited)
Had some time today to install the XC70 Lift Springs, the install went quite smoothly without any surprises. Took me 5h including a lunch break along with my 4yo helping fetch parts and 'inspecting' the install . Quite happy with everything so far. Only drove it up to 40mph and it feels ok, definitely more roll but nothing too crazy. Was worried about the rear camber being neutral or positive, but even with the lift there's still a slight negative camber which I'm happy with. There's a bit more rubbing up front now when turning full lock, will look into that more later.

...of course the first adventure was to the grocery store . It's only a Volvo.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Pure hotness right there.....

Come on man, every time I try to catch up... You add another mod.... Leaving me in the dust.

Do you have more detailed info on your catch can you installed on your turbo? Any particular brand?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,495 Posts
Liking the red! That looks really tall, comparatively. Maybe a heat gun and a set of stops?

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #566 · (Edited)
Pure hotness right there.....

Come on man, every time I try to catch up... You add another mod.... Leaving me in the dust.

Do you have more detailed info on your catch can you installed on your turbo? Any particular brand?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Nope, just an eBay can that I thought would work well. Haven't opened it in months, I should probably check it . Jokes, there a dip stick to check level and it looks ok. It's doesn't catch much, and I need to relocate it closer to the engine as it froze up last winter and almost blew a seal.

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #568 · (Edited)
I also expect it to settle a bit over the next few days/weeks. Not running out to get an alignment right away as it feels ok. The springs are also quite a bit stiffer which should help when loading down, had a fun time compressing then. The original springs are 14.5mm, the lift springs are 15mm. Not a large difference.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

·
Registered
18,889 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #573 ·
Alright, so took it on it's first real trip today, Canoe, Kayak, BBQ, 3 adults, 2 kids, dog, and gear. Gotta say I'm quite happy with the lift springs. Sure there is a bit more body roll when unloaded, but they handle being loaded down much better. With the roof loads and pack the vehicle doesn't squat as much, actually feel better on road, and will handle drop offs and bumps with less rebound. Although I've been on the fence for years as I felt the stock suspension was enough, so far I'm very happy to have these on my XC. It actually makes the vehicle look more stock as the XC90 wheels and tires no longer stuff the wheel wells.... Maybe time for bigger tires?

·
Registered
18,889 Posts
I think the new setup looks really good as is

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #576 ·
I think the new setup looks really good as is
Thanks, and I agree. Only joking about the bigger tires, but I'd still like to test and fit the XC90 lower front suspension and axles, but that may not be until fall or spring of next year.

561 - 580 of 1289 Posts