SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
401 - 420 of 1289 Posts

· Registered
2,423 Posts
man I'm gonna have to come teach you guys how to crawl rocks with low slung long wheelbase vehicles.

looks like it was a fun trip. one day....
Is that right? I thought I wasn't bad for a city boy in a wagon Hahahahaahaha. Your (wife's) XC is More than welcome to join us next time we head down that way if she approves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,453 Posts
she will not.

and now I'm not going to have a wheeling jeep either :(

but it's worth it to daily drive sportswagon. Comanche is never to be allowed onto real trails. I destroyed two, this one gets saved forever.

short side of it is you need to approach at an angle a bit more so you don't bottom out the front bumper, and get a touch of momentum and keep it. You've got open diffs that suck. Momentum is your friend. Just don't get crazy.

· Registered
2,423 Posts
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ?

Love it!

· Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #407 · (Edited)
With the kids getting bigger, and our pack getting larger it's time to expand the cargo capacity of the XC. Installed is a Yakima Loadwarrior with Extension that I've posted earlier. We try to get out as much as possible in the a summer months, rain or shine, bugs and brusies.

I've been driving around the past few day with the canoe mounted just to test out how it handles being on top of the rack. Few things I like right off the bat, it's stable, it's mounted higher so the hatch can open, and I'm able to load the basket up under the canoe.

The cross bars on the rack are 1" diameter and can accept any rack accessories available. I purchased and installed a set of Yakima Load Stops to keep the canoe centered. Also, paddles are a PITA to store in a loaded vehicle, with a set of Quick Fists I'm able to mount 4 of them them to the rack.

Quite happy with the setup so far.

The Quick Fists are setup quite crudely using hose clamps.

They hold well, but I'm not going to keep it this way. Think I'll use insulated C-clamps on bolts, or maybe U-bolts.

Ha, and yes, the canoe is quite beat up, but it's solid. I do plan on refinishing the clear to show off the battle scars . The patches are from taking over a waterfall then getting it wrapped around a rock after a swift, thank **** I had duct tape .

· Registered
2,423 Posts
I'm proud of you

In all seriousness though, setup looks rad and I think it was a great choice. I look forward to being on our next adventure!

· Registered
20,896 Posts
"Young bag feller"
LOL!
The wagon is looking awesome. Great adventures, sir. Have fun this Father's Day weekend, boys!

· Registered
19,173 Posts

· Registered
20,896 Posts
Honestly, I've never seen that movie, but know what you're referencing. A D.C. Radio personality used to quote it often and play clips on air.

I also play mandolin :thumbup:

· Registered
999 Posts
Knowing it works well with your canoe makes me realize it would be just fine with a 28' extension ladder too. That's why my bars are always on.

Let the cargo basket shopping commence.

· Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #418 ·
Knowing it works well with your canoe makes me realize it would be just fine with a 28' extension ladder too. That's why my bars are always on.

Let the cargo basket shopping commence.

With extension the Megawarrior has a longer spread, but it's huge. Here's a P3 with an Extended Megawarrior.

· Registered
999 Posts
I've got Thule bars. Will prolly end up with a Thule canyon and extension.

401 - 420 of 1289 Posts