SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
381 - 400 of 1289 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #382 ·
Called IPD today and got in contact with Kevin, they will be sending me a replacement arm and covering shipping, but being in Canada I'll have to pay to get it across border. Bah.... It shouldn't take me long to swap out, but this will be another project that I'll need to make time for when I've got better things to do... These arms have maybe 2k mi on them of fairly easy use. The bushing pictured is the passenger's side rear and it is the only one that has an issue, all other bushings look fine. Thinking this is just a one off defect, but we'll see. I expect that they will experience quite a bit of abuse this season.

And yes... I know, "Should have bought OEM". I just wanted to test these out for myself to see if they would live up to the marketing hype. Through my experience may we all learn.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I hate doing LCAs on P2. Loved it on the old 850s, where there were two bolts either side, sitting just like the front bushing does on ours. Didn't have to crawl under the car, jiggle and fiddle to get them aligned and bolted up, even on lowering springs. I did voth LCAs last summer, was over an hour each side, just attaching them to the subframe and ball joints.

·
Registered
352 Posts
You think replacing the arms is bad, you should try replacing the actual bushings! It's pretty much impossible without the proper tools, and even with the right equipment they can still be a PITA.
Antherzoll, I used IPDS upgraded lca bushings on my car, as they were cheaper, and touted better than OEM. If I remember correctly they came packeaged as Meyle brand, which was fine by me. I've had them for about a year now, and have no complaints, think maybe you just got a fluke.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #386 ·
Noticed that my Magnefine Filter had a slow leak coming from the filter halves, filter has roughly 20k mi on it. I replaced the filter with another Magnefine as I bought them in a twin pack, but I'm not too happy with this filter leaking. Going to purchase a Wix filter to install in 30k mi or when this filter starts to leak.

Anyways, took it apart to get a look inside.

It's doing it's job. The fluid is pink as a peach ?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Yes. Magnefine is an inline transmission fluid filter. I have it installed on the return line from the transmission cooler.
Just for fun: thw return from the OE cooler is the lower hose, amirite? Installing an aux cooler in series with the OE one, want to have it after the OE.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #392 · (Edited)
...finally got around to unpacking and feeling quite sapped, so excuse me if this post is lacking enthusiasm. :D

Officially kicked off this year's camping/road-tripping season with a blast! Just the two boys and I on an adventure to explore, camp, and cars in Trump's America along with Young Satchel and ProlixArgon. The destinations, Poe Paddy State Park in Bald Eagle State Forest, and Volvos at Carlisle 2017.

Launched off at 6am on Friday, the drive took us through some interesting landscape and small town. I was really taken by the short drive through Allegheny National Forest, will need to plan a separate trip there sometime.

Loaded

...check out the rear wheel tuck.

After setting up camp I had some time to kill, so the boys and I went exploring.

The campground is very nice. Large wooded sites spaced far apart with a bubbling creek rolling though to create the perfect amount of background noise. Poe Paddy State Park is located along the Penns Creek. It's a very popular fishing spot as most if not all of the other campers in the park were there solely for the fishing. The State Forest offers tons of mixed use trails through amazing forests, up mountains to beautiful views. Unable to get cell phone reception anywhere in the park, we ventured off one of the backroads to see if we could find a place to phone home. This is the road that led out the back of our campsite.

Beautiful. Was able to get a signal at the peak.

Our base.

Saturday we had planned to take the 2h drive to Carlie. I'll admit, my photography of Carlisle is lacking, but I'm sure you all know where to find more pictures. Skywolf and JaredR were the first to introduce themselves, a and while I did see quite a few familiar cars I didn't get much of a chance to meet more people, the kids really kept us busy.

Some pics of our Carlisle base-camp.

is that Legos at Carlisle?....

ProlixArgon and Co. had setup shop at Carlisle and the kids enjoyed terrorizing his setup , pretty much the best part of the whole event for them. We did not stay late, and now with Prolix and +1 we made the 2h journey north. 2 XCs, 1 S40, and a lovely pink S60, driving through the beautiful Pennsylvanian countryside that twisted through farmland and up and down mountains, back to camp for a much needed meal prepared by chef satchel, bonfire, brews, and shmooze.

Sunday Adventures.
Satchel, with help from a friend, had planned out a route, with neither of us having any knowledge of the park we didn't know what was in store. After bidding farewell to Prolix on his way back to Carlisle, and equipped with my ghetto go pro we took to the trails.

Some scraping

While there were a few challenging sections, the trails were quite moderate and easy to navigate. Being our first time to the park, with no full-size spares, and kiddos I think we've done quite well, but it has left me wanting more. Amazing forest drives and scenery, will definitely plan another trip back to Bald Eagle.

After our trail run Satchel and I parted ways. I booked myself for two more nights in the park, but I pretty much spent the whole day with the kids and packing up. Nothing too exciting, but a great time to relax and get the kids out of the car.

A little evening entertainment for the kids, while I spend some time by the fire.

Good times with great people! Keep an eye out for Young Satchel's post, I'll drop a link here to it when it's up.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...y-XC70-Build&p=5450329&viewfull=1#post5450329

Cheers!

·
Registered
20,495 Posts
I'm sorry - did you say lack of enthusiasm? ;)
GREAT post, and I'm sorry I didn't come down and meet you guys myself. WAY more Volvos there than I think I have ever seen in attending this over the last 15 years on and off (only my second time bringing a car in).
Love the pics, the trails you guys drove, and the kids in tow for the experiences that they & YOU will treasure.

Man - I love the Neptunes on that car. They look so good!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Coffee is a wonder drug . Your enthusiasm is downright contagious, though perhaps it helps that I was THERE.

Can't wait to return and check out some more ambitious trails!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #395 ·
I'm sorry - did you say lack of enthusiasm? ;)
GREAT post, and I'm sorry I didn't come down and meet you guys myself. WAY more Volvos there than I think I have ever seen in attending this over the last 15 years on and off (only my second time bringing a car in).
Love the pics, the trails you guys drove, and the kids in tow for the experiences that they & YOU will treasure.

Man - I love the Neptunes on that car. They look so good!
Thanks. Maybe next time we will better organize a proper Carlisle visit, I can't promise that will be next year. I've kept the Neptunes on later this year for this trip, swapping on the Thors as soon as it stops raining.

Coffee is a wonder drug . Your enthusiasm is downright contagious, though perhaps it helps that I was THERE.

Can't wait to return and check out some more ambitious trails!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know what I would do without my coffee ?. Looking forward to our next adventure, maybe next time you can come up to Canada land

·
Registered
352 Posts
You guys were right in my neck of the woods! I grew up in Central PA, probably about 15 miles from Poe Patty. Lived there most of my life, although I now reside in Central VA. There is alot of beautiful scenery up there, as well as a ton of off road trails. Hit me up next time you head that way, and I can give you my brothers contact info, he could show you some really great trails. Warning though, he is a jeep guy, but I don't hold it against him too much.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Here's a few pics I took years ago on a camping trip near Penn's Cave which is just slightly further down the valley from where you were. There are trails that will take you from Poe Patty the whole way down to where these were taken. Also a shot of my old Bronco in all its glory.

381 - 400 of 1289 Posts