SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
281 - 300 of 1289 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
Replaced the fronts tonight, here's the comparison

12.7mm vs 10.1mm

Only replaced the fronts tonight. Upon removal of the old endlinks I noticed the swaybar bushings had a bit of slop, they were tight when I lubed them a week ago. I was able to tighten them up by inserting a shim between the subframe and the bushing and now they grasp the bar firmly. No more clunks, she's all quiet. I'll be ordering a set of replacement bushing, front and rear, to have on hand, but for now I feel this is ok.

Spent the rest of the time working on the rear wheel wells to provide clearance for my winter/trail tires. I've placed an order for Kumho Road Venture AT51 in 235/65R17 (stock XC90 size) which should be arriving tomorrow. I've been using a used set of XC90 tires to check clearance and I feel like I will have enough. More information here:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?232815-17-quot-Tire-Options

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
MOOG K80501 (front)
MOOG K80425 (rear)
Thanks! I looked them up on Rock Auto and some of the pics were different than the one's you got. The zerks were also not installed on the part in the pics. After searching the part numbers elsewhere they all had those same pics. Weird. I'll probably get these when my IPDs eventually crap out.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Just discovered this build. Looking forward to reading through it and also seeing any new updates. Thumbs up so far!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Just discovered this build. Looking forward to reading through it and also seeing any new updates. Thumbs up so far!
You picked a good one. Easily one of the best things going in P2 wagon world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 · (Edited)
Progress! ?

Reused the IPD TCV as a failsafe.

If active, it will bypass the primary TCV straight to wastegate which will only allow the turbo to build base pressure of 4.5psi.

I messed up with tap and sensor locations on the reservoir and now it's swiss cheese. Instead of patching it I have ordered a new one which will arrive next week. I'll be able to complete the install then.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
I hope the methanol doesn't penetrate the firewall... It's just not smart. As for the end links-- A= (pi*d^4)/4 so increasing d to 12.7mm vs 10.1mm is a 40% increase in area pretty decent.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Got one for cheap so why not.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Awesome. Breathing that raRified air now.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 · (Edited)
Hahaha, Yes.

I honestly don't expect much of a difference between the R box and the AEM Cone filter, but the larger R MAF may increase air flow at the top end. I do like how the R box looks stock compared to the cone filter which screams "modified".

👍 To Hilton Tuning for provided a new tune for the R MAF.

After a quick flash she's running beautifully.
(yes my car is filthy)

·
Registered
20,495 Posts
Cool progression, antherzoll. Need more videos of the top end now. 60-90?

·
Registered
20,495 Posts
With bigger teeth or just xc90 wheels? They look great on there. Any rings needed? The green looks so silver like!
Trying out my hiking boots!

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
With bigger teeth or just xc90 wheels? They look great on there. Any rings needed? The green looks so silver like!
Stock XC90 size, 235/65R17 AT winter rated tires. The bigger tires lift the XC by 1".

More information here:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?232815-17-quot-Tire-Options

Yes, hub rings are required as the XC90 wheels are 67.1mm compared to 65.1mm

Crystal Green only looks green in winter scenes or when parked next to a true silver car. I like how subtle it is.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I do like how the R box looks stock compared to the cone filter which screams "modified".
Feel bad for that poor sucker getting your old intake.

281 - 300 of 1289 Posts