SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any lubrication/maintenance required for the electric antenna?<p>My antenna occasionally makes noise when it is going down, and it sounds like it needs to be lubricated (98 S70 T5 manual).<p>I had the same problem a few years back on my high mileage 99 S70. Eventually, the antenna got stuck in the "half way down" position, where it remains to this day (reception still good). <p>Is this common? <p>Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Re: Antenna Noise (Taleof2Bricks2)

After I replaced antenna's mast two years ago I clean and lubricate new one once in a month or so. It helps keep it quiet. Never had it stuck since even in a winter. I use the grease from AutoZone, can check which one later today.<p>Cheers

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Re: (Taleof2Bricks2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Taleof2Bricks2</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks, I'd appreciate that.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I use "White Lithium Grease WL-9". I found its consistency close to the oem grease used in the antenna mechanism. Bought the tube when was replacing the mast and sprocket.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info, guys....sounds like some simple maintenance should resolve this...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts