SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this question has been posted a few times in the past. But i had a few specifics to ask. So I got a new used b5254t2 engine from an 06 s60 with 122k miles. I’m going to be putting it in my 03 xc70 with burnt valves. My question is what should I replace on the new engine before install. I already plan on replacing timing belt and water pump. From other posts I’ve heard to replace the Pcv system and cam seals. As well as the oil pan gasket orings and seals. And also rear main seal. Is there anyway to check these things before I buy new parts.? Or should I just do it? Any other little things I need? Torque converter bolts? Throttle body gasket? Injector orings? Also. When replacing the pcv. What do I need to buy. I saw the uro kit. But it just looks like new hoses? It’s the big oil trap box thing that really needs to be replaced genereally.?
Thanks guys. Love this community.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Just replace all the seal you've mentioned. Replacing RMS on the car is a large PIA, for example.

Also replace exhaust gaskets and studs while you're there. Your new engine either have exhaust leak already or will develop in no matter of time.

URO/ProPartsSweden/GP - walk away.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Exhaust manifold gaskets and studs. And nuts, too. They tend to weaken, crack and snap.

I did both gaskets, new turbo, downpipe and RMS at the same time, it took me 3 days/evenings. Same exhaust gaskets job was a few minutes on the donor engine that sits in the corner of garage, did it for training purposes...

·
Registered
17,728 Posts
use the p1 single piece exhaust manifold gasket

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
^ pfft way to snipe me.

Also use the updated one piece exhaust gasket from the P1 cars (2005-up S40 V50 C30 C70). You just cut one corner off with a tin snips and it works on your engine.

Always replace seals, there is no check for them, they work until they don't, and age is their failure mode. Changing them means they will be like new and last longer than you own the car.

·
Registered
17,728 Posts
Oh and pcv banjo bolt upgrade to the captive check valve style PN 31325709 plus 2x 11996 crush washers for it while it’s a 3 minute job instead of an hour.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts