SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
that was a cool video.. 13s difference on a wet track ... some key differences in each car - turbo vs NA... but overall we all know the touring car was going to win it was just a matter of by how many secs

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
nice post, i hadn't seen it either. I've seen a different video with the s60r at the track but not this one.

All in all it did alright. I like the statement near the end "On the street, the touring car wouldn't be able to keep up with the production car."

where do we normally drive again? :D seriously though, i don't think anyone predicted the touring car to lose.

any videos of a touring car taking to the street for a few weeks/months for a lengthy? That might be a good/amusing watch or even make for a good magazine article.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Race car had wet weather tires and the production car had normal street tires. Still liked the comparison, but wish it were a little more fair. The race car has different tires for different conditions, why not give the same consideration to the production car.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Been posted a couple of times, but it's an interesting comparison. I thought the stock R did pretty well considering the portly weight of the caR. Now, lets see a squared away stage 2+ R with better tires give it a go.

·
Registered
974 Posts
^^^ Do a little spin perhaps hahaha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts