SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!

Im Martin, from Buenos Aires, Argentina. Finally, after several BMW, Renault, Audi, a few days ago I bought a Volvo 850T with AT Trans 1994 (B5234T) with only 60000 miles (and only one previous owner).

The car is in good shape, but it needs a lot of love and time. The car runs OK, no rare sounds, and everything works perfectly. It never had a crash (only a few scratches), but all the painting is the original one, including tail lights, headlights, foglights, mirrors, fenders, wheels, etc. :)

Like the previous owner, a man in his 70's, hadnt used the car since 2012, I have a lot to do so that it looks perfect.

OK, here it is, the first problem with my Volvo... Last week, I pulled out the original cat, and when I started the car, blue smoke appear. Whats really weird is that the smoke only appears when the car is on, but not moving for a while, and then when I accelerate it dissapears. I think the problem could be the valve stem seal, so I changed all of them (as I was doing that, I replaced the timing belt, water pump.. etc) but the smokes continues.. :mad:

Today I checked the compression of the five cyl and all of them are OK. (I didn't think that could be the problem because of the car's low mileage and because all the services were done according to the maintenance book). So, could it be a Turbo problem? I found this...

What's your opinion?

I still don't have a clear project, and I don't really have in mind how do I want it to be when I'm done, but the first thing I am going to do (next weekend) is the transmission swap (from auto to manual) and change the original suspension to a sport one (and put some lowered springs).

Given the case that the turbo is the problem, Is it a better idea to repair it or replace it? If I replace it, which one do you recommend? Better than the OEM T15G, (the engine is a B5234T High Pressure).

Thank you!

·
Registered
222 Posts
It looks like the turbo oil line is leaking at the seal. Remove the line and replace the O ring.

Parece que La fuga de aceite viene del la linea de retorno de aceite del turbo a el motor. Si quitas esa linea veras que tiene un O ring de hule en LA parte que hacienta con el bloque del motor. Cambiala por una nueva y La fuga de haceite parara.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts